“Nice hotel central location”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #279 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated close to Times Square and Madison square garden. Penn station train and subway is very close by so ideal for getting about Manhattan and getting to JFK and Newark airports. It is a huge hotel and although rooms are quite small I would definitely stay there again. The hotel I has an air of grandeur to it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (11,955)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel communal areas do not have a four star feel-they feel a bit functional. However, the hotel benefits from great architecture and original art deco features (high ceiling, grand light fittings) which means it can just about get away with this. The location of the hotel is also good and service was good too.

The rooms are quite nice, and feel less basic that the communal areas. Its great to see that the bathrooms have not been striped of their deco fittings in the name of modernisation.

You can hear quite a lot of noise from next door rooms doors closing - not enough to wake me - but noticeable. If this is likely to bother you you should ask for a more secluded room.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from other rooms (if possible) if you are a light sleeper as bedroom doors closing mi...
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is in an excellent location; it is central to a lot. Mohammed at the front desk is the man. He is incredibly pleasant and has always been helpful upon check-in. The rooms I have stayed in have always been clean, and my stays have always been comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed last week , hotel was ok and central to everything. Service was great especially tony @ the front desk. He gave us a great room with a fantastic view, bathroom was a bit small but we managed. Security was great and friendly. Cant wait to return 2014 !!!

Stayed: October 2013
Ronny Y, Guest Relations Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.We look forward to your next stay with us!

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights and although the hotel is lovely and in a great location I found it to be so noisy. I've stayed in New York and a number of other city hotels before but this was the nosiest and I'm not someone to be bothered by noise normally.It wasn't noise from the street but rather those in the room beside me that annoyed me. Every time they used their shower or toilet the pipes made such a racket. It was unfortunate for me that my neighbours choose to get up at 5am everyday for the four nights I was there. In fairness I did complain to the front desk after the first night (which is very unlike me!) but there were no other rooms to move us to. It's unfortunate that this took away from my stay as it was lovely otherwise.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2438.
1  Thank daniellelouise711
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Booked this hotel based on the positive reviews and feedback from friends. We were overnighting before a cruise. Our room was available despite showing up early for check-in. Staff were very courteous and the Concierge was knowledgeable and friendly. Rooms are smallish but the hotel has a lot of character and the price is great. Would definitely stay again and have already recommended it to friends!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with windows on both sides of the room which provided for a great view of the c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple