“Excellent location, good and friendly staff. Some rooms...”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #274 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dhaka
“Excellent location, good and friendly staff. Some rooms...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent location, good and friendly staff. Some rooms are small but mine was good, spacious. Laundry service was great. Water flow at the shower was very low. This was very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,281)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very friendly service... room with view of empire state was excellent.... had a family room with 2 beds and sofa bed fridge and sink...very convenient location near Penn Station and all other sites..great diner attached...very helpful and a left luggage room which cost us $8 dollars for 4 bags

Room Tip: rooms facing empire state dramatic we were on 40th floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My second visit to this great hotel and a first visit to New York for my parents. We checked in slightly early but Mohammed on reception sorted everything out for our 2 room. Both rooms had great views and the free wifi allowed me to Skype home every night. Location is great and ideal for our 5 days in the big apple. Working out when I can go again. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fluff1973
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The location was superb and walkable to most attractions. The rooms were average, however OK for a couple of days. Breakfast wasn't included and there is a diner attached to the hotel, although the food here was not great. Good news is that there is a Starbucks across the road!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been traveling to the New Yorker Hotel almost weekly for the past year and a half. The customer care I receive is beyond excellent from the first day I stayed there until now. The entire check-in staff is exceptional and welcome me as if I were arriving home. They not only care that my accomodations are to my satisfaction, they genuinely care that I actually enjoy my expereince staying there. While they are all fantastic and too many to name in this review, at the check-in desk, Onelia, Romona and Aniana have taken care of me often and are very knowledgeable, capable and professional with authentic care for my well-being along with a "welcome home" spirit. While I would like to say they treat me special, however I see them interact with visitors checking-into the hotel in the same spirited manner. Its the people that enhance the facility and keep me coming back. Thank you all very much and see you soon... Abe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The location of hotel was great, we walked to everything. I took a cab once and that was to go back to jfk! Thanks to Tony for an early check in we started our vacation early. He gave us recommendation to Carmine's wow food was great!!! In our next visit we will bring the kids!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple