Stayed at the New Yorker for 3 nights in August 2013 and had a great time thanks to Mohammad who upgraded us to a suite complete with small balcony overlooking the river!
We were only in New York for 3 nights and just over 3 days (on route from Las Vegas) and hadn't done any research on where we wanted to go or sights we wanted to see. We arrived in Newark at 7.00pm and took a taxi into the city. The New York sky line was breath taking! The taxi driver pointed out sights along the way - Brooklyn bridge, Statue of of Liberty, Empire State Building ( on same street as hotel!) and he even pointed out the New Yorker Hotel.
Hotel is Art Deco in design and Mohammad at Reception very kindly upgraded us to a suite which comprised of a large bedroom with 2 queen size beds, tv, walk in wardrobe with safe plus a separate sitting area with fridge and another tv. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom is small and again, in Art Deco style. I thought this added to the charm of the hotel.
The location of hotel was brilliant - same street as Empire State, one block from Times Square where you can pick up all the tour buses, around the corner from Penn Station and Madison Garden plus a McDonalds, Starbucks and supermarket opposite.
The staff and other guests in the hotel were very friendly (all were happy to advise what we should see and do) plus the adjoining Tick Tock cafe was great for a late night drink and snack.
New York is a great place to stay - we all enjoyed our stay there and would love to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York