“Excellent location just at the entry of the metro station”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #274 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“Excellent location just at the entry of the metro station”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay for a few nights. Modest rooms but very clean and friendly staff. You can walk to Macy's and Times Square. Everything else is so easy to reach with the subway. Prices are comparable to others in that area. Try to take advantage of a multinight promotion.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Isabelle T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,235)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We went to New York for a weekend, Friday to Monday, and loved it. The hotel was amazing, so big and pretty with an excellent location. It's easy to walk to anywhere from here or the bellboys at the door are more than happy to call you a taxi. The staff are so so friendly and happy to chat and help. The hotel has a room with small vaults in which to keep valuables and the staff at reception are happy to assist with this. The rooms are fairly big and the beds huge! With very nice duvets and pillows. Although the hotel is situated on a busy road, hardly any road noise could be heard from the room at night which was nice as we were worried about this at first. All in all, a lovely hotel and a lovely stay in New York.

Places of interest:
The Empire State Building!
The Rockefeller centre (go up at night for the best views)
The guided bus tours are a great way to see the city and to get around.
Ground zero (never been so moved by a place before. Such a well respected place)

• Stayed September 2012
brighton
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from great trip to New York, met up with family from Chicago and had amazing time.
I have to say my experience of the front desk staff was awful as this is your first experiance often of both New York and the Hotel it certainly does not give you a good opinion of either. We had booked two rooms one with twin beds to accommodate our two kids brother and sister in their twenties, in the booking I had put this request. When we checked in they only had two rooms with double beds, kept saying it was only a request (as they had had our booking and full payment and request since Mid May would put it as a priority). They were rude and unhelpful, have never met this in front desk staff before who I have found in most countries to be very keen to help and absolutely to fill any requests. They said they would make a note and I agreed to make contact with them again in the morning, different staff member but exactly same attitude, maybe even ruder. No notes made or she couldn't be bothered to check, they really let down other staff in hotel who are universally friendly, efficent and helpful.

Room Tip: beds very comfortable, Rooms small if need larger room make sure you let them know it is a demand no...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lands End
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at The New Yorker last December 2012 for 4 nights with my sister. On arrival we were not pleased with our room as it was small and we had to share a single bed. But we did mention it to reception and were quickly upgraded to a fab room with 2 double beds at no extra cost. Staff were very helpful and I would defo stay here again. Tick Tock diner next door was open 24 hr which is great. We did have to ask for tea/coffee making facilities which are not in the room as standard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

friendly, helpful, efficient and smiling faces.
Hotel provide free wireless access in hotel rooms. But sometimes you are not able to check your e-mail, web mail or checking the subway direction and services updates. I am not the one who pay attention to internet when I am on holiday. The wireless signal is on but no connection at all. I needed to phone the reception desk who asked me to buy the premium service. What for? I am busy with my holiday. Then I insisted that I do not need the paid service. They referred my complaint to the IT people. By that time the web page prompt me to choose the free wireless service and to click the agreement button. Then internet and e-mail working. Every day when I got back to room at late evenings, I was not able to access my e-mail. The next day, the web page prompted me to click the agreement button, then I was on free wireless internet. Why does the service is so stubborn?

Room Tip: If you bother about the size of the room, do not choose the metro room which is small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronny Y, Guest Relations Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. We do apologize that our internet gave you issues and we are looking into that on property. I invite you to contact me next time you plan your trip to the area, I would gladly to personally assist you from the time you make your reservation to the time you check out with any requests, questions you may have.

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com
North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Don't bother looking for any other hotel in manhatten. The New Yorker is the BEST. Only seconds away from the subway, and 5 minutes walk to Penn Station (ideal for Newark Airport arrivals). Looking from your room straight down 35th to Empire State Building is wonderful.
Staff are exceptional and on our second visit, as we were remembered, we were upgraded to a superior (2 bathroom) room.
Walking to Times Square takes 15 minutes.
Don't miss the diner - especially breakfasts. If they don't set you up for the day, nothing will!

Travelled in Summer 2011 and 2012 as out gay couple.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple