The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$132
  • Fitness center
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$104
$98
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$320
$161
  • Room Service
$369
$316
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$192
$144
  • Room Service
12,317 results
All reviewsthe tick tock dinerpenn stationthe empire state buildingmadison square gardendiner attachednew yorkgreat locationtimes squareart decoroom keyhudson riverrooms are smalltwo double bedsan upgradecentral locationstatue of libertycoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed in many hotels around NYC, this is by far our favorite. We stay for a week, twice a year for the last 3 years. We like everything about it: the decor, the rooms, the location, the 2 restaurants attached to the hotel and the people. Decor: It's clean, well kept and we find it rather elegant. The rooms: typical NYC hotel rooms are small. We originally booked a basic room and, when we asked, discovered that for a little more $ you can get a suite with a separate bedroom, a wet bar (with fridge) and an unbelievable view of Times Square and the Hudson. It's truly surprising how much more we enjoy NY staying in the bigger room at the New Yorker. It's worth the few extra dollars. You'll never go back to the tiny NY hotel rooms again. Location: The best location in the city. Within walking distance of Times Square (hint: visit TS, don't stay there, unless you're a teenager and want to party), Penn station, etc. Dining at the hotel: Tick Tock Diner for a quick b'fast in the morning and great for an easy dinner too. Cooper's for fine dining (where we take our business associates). The people: I confess that I was prepared for some legendary NY attitude in a place like this. Not at all. I've received fabulous service both in person and by phone 3,000 miles away. Kelvin, Zena, William and everybody at check in- thanks for making us feel so welcome! One last note- there's a pretty darn good gym downstairs!
Sometimes I read glowing reviews and wonder if it's an "inside job". We've stayed at the New Yorker about 6 times and I just booked another 2 stays for the coming year. This review is the real thing and I wrote it because we consistently feel the New Yorker is one of the best parts about coming to NYC!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JDLA9
Reviewed February 22, 2013

If it's cold outside ask for an extra blanket or two at check-in: otherwise great place to stay in walking distance of Broadway shows, Madison Square Garden and quick access to subway: amazing restaurants surround hotel

Room Tip: bathroom window doesn't open but cold breeze blew through anyway: if not freezing outside this won't matter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lwdooley
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The New Yorker Hotel has undergone extensive renovations over the last few years that appear to finally be complete. They have "got it together" is all I can say. The value for the price in NYC is excellent. Service, from the front desk to housekeepers, to security and the availability of the 24 hour Tick-Tock Diner was superb. Attended meetings this year for the first time in this hotel, and the meeting rooms were well equiped, pleasant, with good quality of air. The food supplied for breaks as well as the luncheons were fresh and nourishing--not too heavy on the carbs either.
One of my best weeks in NYC. Thank you to the staff.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was excellent, roomie and quiet. We did ask for more available hangers and they were supplied. Wish there was more shelf space in the bathroom, but it is NYC!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cassio169
Ronny Y, Guest Relations Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms! I have shared your comments with our fabulous team. I have also included my email address for any additional comments or future travel plans. We look forward to your return!

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Once again, I choose this hotel because of the great location. One block from Macys, Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. 5 min walk to Times Square. I liked the hotel but I was expecting much more for a 4 stars (and expensive) hotel. We ended up getting an upgrade because I found a cockroach in the room. Nasty, I know... Regarding the rooms. the first one was decent size but old and with a very small bathroom. The second room was a large room with a separate living area and a "good" size bathroom. That one did not have the old room feeling. If staying there, pay for a suite. Nice staff at the check in but really rude lady at the information desk. First hotel that I stayed in that charge to hold your luggages. I didn't like that at al! They let me check in early which is a bonus and they also let me check out a little late because of the cockroach incident. I don't know if I would stay here again...

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gabrielamagalhaes

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments.On behalf of our team we do apologize for the lack of service you experienced at our hotel. You will be aware that we have already addressed and resolved the issues you have mentioned. If there is still anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The New Yorker is a wonderful place to stay, and we will stay there again! It is very conveniently located, with a subway stop next door. Chipotle around the corner, and of course, Starbucks across the road. Walking distance to Times Square, the Empire State Building and the Hudson River. A diner and a restaurant down stairs. Could you ask for anything more - I don't think so.

• Stayed: January 2013