The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
12,323 results
All reviewsthe tick tock dinerpenn stationthe empire state buildingmadison square gardendiner attachednew yorkgreat locationtimes squareart decoroom keyhudson riverrooms are smalltwo double bedsan upgradecentral locationstatue of libertycoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We arrived at 4 am room was not going to be ready until 8 am but we were allowed to store our luggage in a back room until check in, We went to the restaurant that is connected with the hotel food was ok but service really slow, there were homeless people slumped over sleeping on the seats in the booths, When we had gotten up to pay were were using a credit card we had planned on putting the tip on the card but the waitress expected cash on the table so she came up to us as they were processing our card screaming why the hell didn't you leave me a tip:? Was my service not good did I not wait on you , It is customary in this city to leave your waitress a tip. We were so embarrassed , Never went back there after that. There were four of us in our group 2 of us stayed on the 32 floor the other two on the 27th floor , The room on the 32 floor had a good view of the city , and madison square garden that room was a bit more modern than the room I stayed in on the 27th floor, Our room was very small one full size bed small tv . linens and decorations in room were pretty dated. Bathroom had full size tub and shower which were also very old , but also very deep tub that was good for soaking. We were supposed to have a free breakfast in a place they called the lookout room, but we over slept and arrived to late. We were allowed to store out baggage when we checked out so we did not have to carry them with us around the city.

Room Tip: ask to look at room before you agree to stay some room very nice some pretty dingy .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the New Yorker for five nights during the Westminster Dog Show. The room was immaculate, the staff was extraordinarily helpful. I lost my itinerary and the Concierge called a variety of places for hours to determine where I was supposed to meet my companions.

Additionally, I left my bag on the bench by the elevator with my flight information and tickets in it. An employee found it and Security contacted me within 30 minutes to let me know it had been located.

We could walk to Madison Square Garden, The Stage Door Deli, Famiglia Pizza, and The Theater District very easily. Best vacation we've ever had!

This hotel makes visiting the City easy, so no matter what the price you pay for a room, it is worth every penny.

I

1  Thank Lois H
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The New Yorker Hotel for the Westminster Dog Show and sightseeing. Angel at the front desk checked us in and he was so patient, courteous, and helpful. The room was clean and functional, room service was perfect, and our view of the Empire State Building (thanks to Angel) was great. When I got to the airport to fly home, I realized I left my money and ipod in the room safe. I called right away and was frantic to talk to someone. William Bornheimer, the front office manager returned my call and calmed me down. He sent security to the room to retrieve my items from the safe and called me back that he had them. He sent my items to me by FedEx that very day. Very helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay at The New Yorker Hotel for our next visit to New York.

Room Tip: Our room had a great view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I travelled to NYC via Amtrak on February 11 to attend the WKC dog show on February 12, 2013. We decided to stay at the New Yorker because it is a very short walk from Penn Station and is one of the hotels where many of the dogs stay with their owners while in the show - quite exciting! We booked very late on the day we decided to come up and were able to get a room. The check-in process was excellent and we were in our room within minutes of arriving. The room was quite small but it was exactly what I booked. The room was clean and well appointed.

What caused me to write this review is a small problem we encountered with the room after we came back from dinner. When we walked from the elevator to the room we noticed the smell of smoke in the hall. The New Yorker is a non-smoking hotel and we were surprised to encounter the smell. The smell in the hall would not have been a problem but it was also in our room and was getting stronger as time progressed. I went to the hotel desk, reported the problem and we were immediately moved to another room. The hotel staff was professional and concerned. The speed and professionalism with how they handled the problem was excellent and would cause my wife and I to stay at the New Yorker again. I would add a half circle up there if I could.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room - the small rooms are small
2  Thank Rykman
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at the New Yorker while my wife & I attended the 2013 dog show. Right from the start at check-in met Ana at the front desk. Very friendly, upgraded us to breakfast each morning of our stay.We reservered a suite on the 39th floor, reccomend this, great views very nice room. Like other reviews I have read the suites are a little small, but very comfortable for two! The Tick Tock has good food at a good price. Hotel is very clean (means the most to me), staff is friendly and helpful. Located in the center of all the action, just accross from Penn station & the Garden.
Would stay here again, Enjoy!

Room Tip: High floors have great views, get a suite if you can