“**GREAT NY CITY LANDMARK**”

The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #275 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado, United States
“**GREAT NY CITY LANDMARK**”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently booked a stay at this hotel for the Thanksgiving holiday 2012. I am from Denver, CO an am working on the east coast. My wife and 9 year old daughter flew in for a visit. Upon arrival at the hotel I checked in with a Gentleman named MOHAMMED. I gave MOHAMMED my reservation number and requested a roll away bed for my daughter. Mohammed typed on his computer and handed me a room key card. He told me he wanted my daughters first visit to NYC to be memorable. MOHAMMED had gone out of his way to upgrade our room!! We had 180 degree views!! The Hudson from one window and the city from another. MOHAMMED is a true asset to this Hotel and made this stay EXTRA special. I believe others in the service industry can learn from the staff at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family. Thank you sincerely for a wonderful experience! J.H.

Room Tip: Corner suite 40th floor has 180 degree views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,178)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baglan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

i loved this hotel, the entrance lobby was just out of this world, a nice greeting and our room was a nice size with a nice view of the Hudson river, room was cleaned daily and was in a perfect location to everything, 5 minutes walk to statue of liberty and times square.... If you stay here you have to have breakfast at the tick tock diner, just a true american diner. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice hotel in a central location... i would also take up the offer of arranging a transport shuttle from the hotel, we done this leaving the hotel and we saved $30 and they arrange everything. I am not sure if you can pre book for the shuttle to pick you up from the airport but wished i had looked into it as a taxi from newark was near enough $90 with fare, tips and tolls.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank racheltutton
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Greeting was nice and we got up graded which was a pleasant surprise thank you Mohammed,right in the heart of everywhere perfect for penn station and some handy bars close by.tick tock diner was good value.we were on floor 26 and this gave us a very nice view of the empire state building.Room could do with updating but its compact and you are here to see new york after all not sleep,bed was very comfy and outside noise wasn't a problem.front desk was very helpful when needing to book a car for the airport.macy's 2 mins walk,subway next door,times square 10 mins walk,recommend for sure

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nitrate31
Ronny Y, Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words! Our team really cares about our guests and we do whatever we can to ensure a great stay. Great feedback like this gives us more motivation to be the best we can, for our guests! Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed in The New Yorker for a total of 6 nights, I had to extend my trip by 1 night due to my flight being cancelled and the staff were extremely helpful and managed to keep us in the same room for the final night.
From the word go the staff couldn't be more helpful, polite or nice.
The hotel is lovely and very busy! The only negative on the hotel I could probably mention is the plumbing is very noisy. The showers and toilets in the rooms next door to us woke us up an awful lot due to being so noisy.
The location is great for attractions such as the Empire State Building or shopping in Macy*s. There are a lack of places to eat in this area compared to if you were to stay close to Little Italy for example. The hotel does have two restaurants inside it though, one is called Coopers Tavern which I never used because the menu didn't appeal to me or my family, the second is the Tick Tock Diner. I absolutely loved it in there. It's decorated as an old school diner which reminded me of the film Grease. The food wasn't spectacular but was good. We had one bad experience with a member of staff being rude and demanding her tip as we were unsure if when she gave our bill if she had included it, so we went to ask as the till if they could make sure it was included. Before we'd reached the till she had come up to us demanding that she needed it. All other members of staff were lovely though and incredibily helpful. They have great pancakes in this place too.
If I was to visit New York again, I'd try to stay somewhere closer to Time Square, however, with the transport links in New York it doesn't matter too much where you stay. And if you don't want to spend the money on yellow cabs/ subway/ buses then you can walk to most of the tourist locations pretty easily.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SN4321
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business. Please know that I have forwarded your comments to the owners and management of the diner, so that they may see our guest's perception of their service. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Ronny Yagual