The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$173
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
$343
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$247
Kimpton
$165
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$256
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$184
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
12,419 results
All reviewsthe tick tock dinerpenn stationthe empire state buildingmadison square gardendiner attachednew yorkgreat locationtimes squareart decoroom keyhudson riverrooms are smalltwo double bedsan upgradecentral locationstatue of libertycoffee machine
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Lovely hotel, great location to many things to do in New York City. Subway right out the door.
Friendly & helpful staff. Clean. Room was a bit small but expected that with an older hotel & downtown. Room was nicely redone. Bed was really firm, a bit lumpy on the side towards the door & bathroom. Great view of the Hudson. Noise in the hallways tended to really travel down the hallway. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first visit to New York and was having trouble deciding where to stay. Found this one and was thebest decision for the holiday. Its in a perfect location as it is close and within walking distance to Madison Square Garden, Times Square, good restaurants and great shopping. Very nice staff and the Tick Tock diner was great. Service was always good and the room was kept nice and clean. The only bad thing was the bed's were quite short but other than that I cant complain about the hotel in anyway. I definately will recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is going to New York in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very touristy spot, but I was a tourist on my recent NYC visit, so I blended right in.

Great location in midtown near a shoppers mecca. The hotel itself is not too big, not too small, it's really just right. Many original art deco details are still visible here. Plenty of elevators, spacious lobby, perfect for people watching.

The rooms are definately "cozy". But cozy is good, as long as it's clean. And my room was very clean. Comfy beds, fluffy yet squishy pillows. I also LOVED that the rooms have windows that open. I hate when I'm all sealed up in a hotel room. Great bathroom. Teeny tiny, great shower, plenty of hot water, and a superb bathtub. I took a bubble bath every night I was there!

The housekeeping staff were great, the reservation desk not very nice or helpful, and the doormen appear to statues. Didn't open a door for me or anyone else. With great service in all areas, this would be a 5 star hotel for it's price range.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank julesism
Reviewed November 25, 2012

the New Yorker is a well appointed mid-range hotel. if you want the very best of everything look elsewhere and be prepared to pay a lot more for it.
if you want a great hotel, friendly staff, a great room and location.. at this price i think you'll struggle to do any better!
we were travelling as a party of 3. my wife, daughter and me.

Room Tip: Well when we 1st arrived they sent us up to room 3326 ( the room next door 3327 is a historic room -google Nikola Tesla) the views from this corner room are stunning, views east of the empire state building and the chrysler building across the amazing skyline, it's a smart room- but for us there was a problem as it had just 1 bed and not enough room for an additional bed. After a call to reception a bellhop quickly came up and gave us a key card and told us we'd been upgraded to a room on the floor above.. room 3410 is much larger with 2 double beds grat view of the Empire State and the Hudson...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank leewot
Ronny Y, Manager at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words! Our team really cares about our guests and we do whatever we can to ensure a great stay. Great feedback like this gives us more motivation to be the best we can, for our guests!
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Ronny Yagual
Guest Service Manager
Ryagual@nyhotel.com

Reviewed November 25, 2012

First visit to NY and being as the New Yorker seems to appear in every shot that pans the streets of NY, it seemed appropriate. OK, the review that slates the reception staff, I 100% agree. Abrupt to the point of being downright rude and as that is your first contact your hackles are up and you are ready for confrontation. However, after a chill-out in our 37th floor room which was perfectly adequate as a base for a couple of days before moving elsewhere for the rest of our holiday, a calmer version of me realised that unlike most of the USA inhabitants, many New Yorkers are abrupt and to the point and don't waste time with pleasantries. Other staff in the hotel were much nicer, especially the guys on the Transportation, information and assistance desks. The room had a perfect view towards the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and was clean and comfortable. The adjoining Tick-Tock diner is good quality and reasonably priced although they spend more time explaining the % of tips expected off you than really necessary. Handy for location and I have mobility issues but walked to Macy's, Empire State and Times Square no problem. The only down-side was the reception staff. The beggars were more polite than them! If I go back to NY, this will be my first choice Hotel.

Room Tip: Height rules here and a 'front of hotel' gives the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MidlandsBigbloke

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have zero tolerance for lack of professionalism and courtesy, and will make certain that the reception desk shall receive the additional service training necessary to overcome any obstacles.The level of service you experienced is far from what we strive to maintain here and for that we are sorry. We would love a chance to make things right with you upon your return.
We hope to see you back!

Ronny Yagual