AKA Sutton Place
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$183
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$389
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$136
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$233
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$353
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolbedroom apartmentplenty of closet spacean extended stayhome from homefull kitchenhouse keepingfront deskwithin walking distancenew yorkcentral parkloungefurnishingsavenuedishwashermanhattanmaintenance
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Amateur service, quality, and management is what you'll get here, but at Upper East Side prices. We had many problems during our 2-week stay, including confused staff, rude and unhelpful manager, inconsistent housekeeping, cheap kitchen amenities (some of which broke or were barely usable) and general poor quality of environment. Don't look too closely at the details: what you'll find is peeling wall paper, smears of paint over hardware, cheap materials, and bad overall construction. The fitness center was under repair (but we had to argue with the manager to be reimbursed for this unusable amenity), the "business center" was a printer and 2 computers shoved into what obviously used to be a closet, and internet access was spotty at best. The management of this place seems to think that you will be lured and fooled by brand names, including that of the neighborhood itself, and not notice that your actual experience is closer to Motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
8  Thank surfacegirl
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I have stayed in a lot of NYC hotels are most are very disappointing. If you are looking for a hotel with a cool bar and restaurant scene, this is not the hotel for you. What it is, is a really cool apart hotel with really big, bright modern suites, great beds, trendy kitchens and a wonderful tranquil pool in the basement. There is free wifi and local calls and the staff are fantastic. Sutton Place is convenient to everything. It's not expensive and I would have no hesitation staying here again or recommending it to friends. I was really, really impressed.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Borisboxer
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Having stayed in a number of NYC in the past, we had grown used to disappointment. Most of the places we've stayed at there have bordered on "tenement" conditions, and always been quite expensive.

I was pleasantly surprised with the AKA Sutton Place. It was in a good location, with a nice, safe neighborhood. We had traveled to New York to experience Manhattan at Christmastime - something I recommend everyone do at least once.

We had a great time in all of our adventures, but the biggest surprise was the hotel. Large, clean suites, with fully appointed kitchens and nice fixtures all around. The suite size was almost double what we'd expected. We weren't there for business, but if we had been, the suite would have been perfect for meetings and entertaining guests.

The hotel staff was wonderful. We didn't have a single encounter with any of them that was not positive. It seemed as if each staff member we dealt with was a very involved part-owner.

I highly recommend the AKA Sutton Place for both business and pleasure.

2  Thank greg90274
Reviewed December 14, 2008

to have found this wonderful hotel. NY at Christmastime is something we both remembered from our childhood and we wanted to return from California with our grandchildren so they could enjoy the lights, the department store windows (Lord & Taylor exactly as I remember from years ago - still the BEST), ice skating, shopping, the shows etc. We left NY many years ago and each time we returned it was a wonderful trip except for the hotels. This time, however, we found AKA Sutton. I can't rave enough about the service - the most helpful and friendly we have ever experienced (one of them actually walked us down the street and fought with a cabdriver on our behalf). Every person at that front desk was like family - helpful in every way. They just couldn't be nicer. The hotel itself is beautiful - just like new. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the bedding was beautiful (exactly as in the pictures), the breakfasts with croissants and fruit etc were great. I can honestly say we will NEVER stay anywhere else. Also the neighborhood is totally safe and within walking distance of almost everything. We walked everywhere. I met a gentleman from Australia who was in the pool with his son and he was telling me a similar story - so fortunate to have found this hotel.

I was a little concerned when I saw the review saying the hotel was dirty but then every other hotel in NY seems to have that problem so I assumed again it was something I'd just have to overlook. However, just the opposite - it was impeccably clean. I have absolutely not one single complaint about this hotel. I will never even think about staying anywhere else. I will certainly, and already have, recommended it.

4  Thank AnnemarieCalifornia
Reviewed December 9, 2008

Upon arrival at AKA Sutton Place, we were absolutely thrilled. We have stayed in a variety of places in NYC and are generally sorely disappointed with the quality -- especially in light of what you pay to stay anywhere in NYC!

We are an extended family of 2 adults, 2 children, and 2 seniors. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. The master bedroom with en suite bath was very large with a huge walk-in closet. The second bedroom was spacious, especially for NYC, and the living room was quite large. The hotel doesn't have a pullout couch in the living room, so we bought a full-sized aerobed for the kids. I was worried that it wouldn't fit in the room, but in retrospect we could have fit a king-sized one in the room!

Each room has a TV. WiFi is free. Local phone calls are free. There is a beautiful kitchen with sub-zero refrigerator, freezer with icemaker, dishwasher, stove, microwave -- everything you need to keep the leftovers from dinner at NYC restaurants.

Downstairs in the lobby they have coffee and tea all day long. Breakfast (yogurt, apples, pastries) are complimentary in the morning. There's a business center with computers and a printer (free). There's a beautiful, peaceful, relaxing indoor pool -- we swam in December! There's also a workout room downstairs.

The staff is INCREDIBLE. They bend over backwards to help with anything you need. I received an email a week before coming asking if we wanted anything purchased at the local store to be waiting upon our arrival.

I am very finicky about the beds I sleep in, and our bed was incredibly comfortable. The sheets were heavenly.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I was worried about the one review saying it was dirty, but in reality the whole place was SPOTLESS. The property looked EXACTLY like the pictures on the website.

If you're staying 7 days or longer, maid service is only provided once a week, but they do change towels and take out trash daily. I think additional maid service is $30 per cleaning, but we never used it.

After years of searching, we have found our "always stay there" hotel in NYC.

7  Thank gadgetlady