The Marmara Manhattan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
The Franklin(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Wales(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Third Ave House(New York City)
The Mark(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Surrey(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Astor on the Park(New York City)
View Hotel
Excelsior Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfull kitchenupper east sidesubway constructionone bedroom apartmentsinai hospitalliving roomcentral parkwasher dryernew yorkmuseum milegreat apartmentextended staylaundry facilitieshome away from homefront desk staffhigher floorbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2010

The Hotel is a very nice place to stay if you have buissness on the Uppewr East side... If not it is a bit out of the way. The rooms are nice and large. Very comfortable. The decor is OK but not fancy. Beds are comfortable, clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I strongly recommend the Marmara Manhattan. My husband was an in-patient at Mt. Sinai Hospital and we did not know the duration of his stay. I am a small town girl and intimidated by staying in New Your City by myself. The Marmara Manhattan became my haven. Nesli (and the others in reservations) are wonderful. They understand that surgical and medical stays are unpredictable in duration and very stressful. They provided us a great rate because my husband was in-patient at Mt. Sinai and were very flexible in scheduling.

The hotel is very attractive, clean, roomy, and well maintained. It is unique, not your standard cookie cutter rooms. It is about a 20 minute walk to Mt. Sinai which I enjoyed taking. The suites are really attractive and even my teenage daughters were saying what I good job I had done finding it! In addition to the great rate, it has a full kitchen and a grocery around the corner. I cooked most meals there and was able to keep down the cost of my stay.

What particularly struck me about the Marmara Manhattan is that everyone from reservations, to the front desk, to the doorman and bellhop, were friendly and helpful. This place understands customer service. Unfortunately we will not be coming back to the Marmara because my husband has chosen to change hospitals to Cleveland Clinic. When he is all fixed up and healthy again, my goal is to return to the Marmara for a few days with my family and relax and spend some time with them in the city.

If you need to find a place while a family member is in one of the nearby hospitals, choose the Marmara Manhattan. I talked to other families who had chosen the Wales and the Marriot. They were not nearly as happy with their choices as I was with mine.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CTGeorgia
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We travelled to New York with our 8 month old son and felt when we booked we would need cooking amenities and this hotel provided all we would need and more. They were extremely helpful from the moment of arrival to the moment of departure, including directing us to a great diner nearby and changing the crib they provided for a smaller size (american cribs are very large) they gave us a bassinette which is a travel cot! The front of house staff were always very friendly, no matter what time of day or night and the maid service were superb and catered for our family's needs very well. Although there is work on a new subway branch going on nearby I would certainly not let this put you off staying here as it did not bother us at all as and we were on the side of the work and on a lower floor. Although it is located a little further out than a central location like Times Square, the nearby subway meant that nowhere was further away than 20 minutes at the most.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed while in New York as tourists for 3 nights. There were 6 of us and had a 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. It was spacious and very comfortable. We had a small kitchen with everything we needed. It had a balcony and lots of windows to see all sides of New York. We could see the Empire State Building in the distance from our bedroom.
The staff was very helpful, assisted us with getting downtown and getting a car service back to the airport. The building that is used for residential and rental so very quiet.
It is on the Upper East Side, where the people live. Bagel Shop, restaurants, grocery store, ice cream, drug stores, you name it and it was close by.
We took the Subway downtown and it was very easy, convenient and interesting.
If you want to be out late in the hustle and bustle of downtown this is NOT where you want to stay. We wanted to be able to have a large comfortable room, go out all day and come back in the evenings and relax. It was perfect for that.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank McBayles
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Having stayed at one of the chain's Istanbul properties, I was happy to get a good deal on this upscale hotel. The professional staff and spotless room made for a great mid-week stay. Even on the 8th floor, I had a neat city view. I prefer neighborhoods like this one although it is not in convenient walking distance to much of interest. Cabs can be expensive.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo