Hostelling International - New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$162
$124
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$150
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$218
$200
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$203
$134
  • Room Service
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$139
$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

1,831 results
All reviewsbed dormhi hostelbig hostelcentral parksubway stationbig lockershostel offersfemale dormwelcome partynew yorkcommon areasupper west sidethe cafe downstairscommon roomcolumbia universityfree breakfastpremium room
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the best hostel you can visit. It has everything, and the coolest people.
If you go to NYC, you must stay there, the neighborhood it's really cool, and the staff will do everything to solve any problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

So impressed by this hostel; great location, affordable price, great atmosphere, very helpful staff, very clean bathrooms, great priced food in the cafe, wifi throughout the building, a fantastic kitchen, and interesting activities. I have just spent my first week in NYC and stayed at the hostel, made some excellent friends and had a brilliant time. It's huge and there are lots of school groups staying, but the rooms are quiet and I recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: I chose a premium room - smaller dorms - you definitely get more sleep that way, and breakfast is included.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AussieAmethyst
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed here a few times now. I found it a great place to meet people from sround the world. Rooms were very nice. It is located near mass transit, so you can easily get around to all the great things NYC has to offer

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in this hostel for 5 nights in October 2011 - as a solo traveller on my first trek to NYC. The hostel was in a safe location (extremely important for a 24yr old solo female traveller) and I appreciated the always-manned front desk and swipe card entry to get past the entrance. I felt safe the entire time I was inside the hostel (even though really anyone could bring anyone in with them.. as long as one person was a guest of the hostel).

I stayed in a dorm-style with 7 other girls. There were lockers in the room that can fit an entire wheelie suitcase, which I would recommend using because I came home mysteriously missing a new pair of jeans and shoes. The girls in my room seemed to want to wake up at the crack of dawn, but they were generally really considerate and not too loud - not too many obnoxious people at this hostel. No one was that friendly however, and I didn't make any friends here. The bathrooms were very clean and I never was stuck waiting for the shower.

They have a computer room where you can use their computer and internet for a small fee, or you can bring your own laptop and get free WiFi in the common area (recommended). There is also a theatre room in the basement with couches (fighting over remote control possession was interesting, watched a documentary on worms...) and they sometimes have comedy shows down there, and other common social areas. There is also a little store where you can buy muffins, chips or cups of soup (which the pour the hot water in for you). In the front area they have a blackboard with lots of activities on it that are free (or small fee) for hostel-stayers, however I did not partake in any (walking tours, pub crawls, etc.).

The location of this hostel is okay. it's about a $15 cab ride to Times Square, a many block walk to an entrance to Central Park, and just a few blocks from the West bank of Manhattan. When I go back to New York I will try to stay in a more south-east location relative to Central Park. Probably the best thing about this hostel is that it's on Amsterdam, which is a one way street, so you never really can get lost.

Before I left I pre-booked airport transfers and it was shady. I was picked up in a creepy van that was STUFFED with 10 people other (people literally sitting on top of each other) to get to the hostel, then on the way back to the airport I was picked up at 8am (only option) for a 2pm flight. I would STRONGLY recommend looking DEEPLY into any kind of airport transfer you contemplate booking. I wish I could remember the name of the service so I could review it.

Overall - not a bad hostel. It's a good cheap stay and it feels safe and clean. I wouldn't recommend it for people who feel they will stay in their rooms a lot, as you would probably prefer private accomodation.

Best part - they have a large outdoor back patio that is all strung up in lights at night. It is BEAUTIFUL and they play good music - very romantic!

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room with the LEAST amount of other people - so you have less of a chance of being paired up with the super early morning-ers.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CrisCEdmonton
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Haaving never stayed in a hostel before I didn't know what to expect but was pleasently surprised. We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom and I reckon it equalled any hotel room. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was large with a lovely hot shower. All linen and towels were clean and fresh. I loved the little cafe which provided very reasonable snacks, drinks, yoghurts and fruit right up until 11pm (sometimes later) Plenty of computers to use at a cost of $2 for 20 minutes. The walking tours which you could book for as little as $10 and were well worth the money. The subway was only a short walk from the hostel. I liked the location of the hostel as it was well out of the way of busy Times Square and it was great to be able to get away from the hectic hustle and bustle of busy New York. I tried a few of the little eateries in the general area of the hostel where the locals obviously eat and the food from these places was always of a high standard. You could choose from quite a few little diners as well to have a reasonably priced meal. I did a 2 day trip out of New York and was able to store my baggage in the hostels secure storage for a daily fee of $5. (Very safe and secure)All in all I was very happy with the location and the rooms in the hostel and would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends