1) Claustrophobic. Even the "big rooms" have just a small window mostly facing a wall. Some of the 'good' rooms are painted in dark blue. Some genius decorator maybe wanted to make them feel smaller.
2) Bad maintenance. My wife got stuck in the elevator with our baby. It took some time until someone realized what was happening. The elevator hurt her arm.
3) More bad mainteinance. The air conditioner makes more noise than a war tank and it seems that they never changed its filter.
4) Family un-friendly. I've been reading reviews about the rude service and there is in fact a woman that seems to think that she's doing a favor to have you there. I did a reservation at the hotel through Booking.com and asked for a crib for my baby. Nobody replied so I thought it was fine, just like any other hotel. But they not only don't have cribs but also this receptionist woman with a bad attitude told me that: "it's not because you asked that we can do it". I asked why they never told me they don't have a crib. "ask to the manager at 4PM" was the answer. My baby slept in a mattress in the floor.
Conclusion: you can find something better, really. Keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seton Hotel offers a variety of rooms catering to international and value conscious travelers. We offer beautifully restored accommodations at affordable prices, making us an ideal Midtown East choice. We have brought unique style and comfort to every guest room. There are several different room types including an economy option with shared bathrooms. The new lobby, fresh and unique in its design, presents a striking arrival experience. Our guest lounge is perfect for enjoying complimentary hot beverages, reading or relaxing in comfort and style. Close to the city's major shopping and entertainment venues, as well as Grand Central Station, the United Nations and many Park Avenue's corporate headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Seton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seton Hotel New York City