“Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #197 of 467 Hotels in New York City
glasgow
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just back from an amazing stay in NYC and the Seton hotel did not disappoint! Was slightly worried because our room was right next to public bathroom and apart from a few ignorant, drunk and noisy guests we slept very well! Beds were slightly smaller than the average British bed, but that's been picky! Staff, especially the gorgeous Emmanuel, were pleasant and easy to talk to should we have needed anything! Great hotel! First time in NYC and would certainly stay again! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank suzhig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Newcastle UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We enjoyed our 4 night stay at The Seton. We had a pleasant check-in and an explanation of the free coffee and wi-fi. The room was small but comfortable, with en suite bathroom. As we have never been to NYC before, it is difficult to compare hotel rooms, but this one was fine. Each day we seemed to get fresh towels and the room was always clean when we came back later. On check-out day they helped me print out my flight boarding card and stored our luggage until we were ready to go.
There was some traffic noise at night, but only now and then. We slept ok. I would come again & would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front of hotel. We had some traffic noise at night, so a room not at the fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SteveSimpson
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The location for this hotel is perfect. Walking distance to Grand Central station and just over 10 minutes to Times Square. I had a double bed private bathroom which was very clean and plenty of room. Staff were helpful whenever we asked them a question. The rooms don't have a safe but I believe they have security boxes behind reception. They also don't provide tea and coffee in the room but there is a very clean area near reception where you can make a drink and take it up your room. Across the road is Blooms that do a great breakfast. You could hear people outside of your room chatting so sound proof isn't great but to be honest you won't be in your room often. Overall this hotel is great for location, very clean and perfect for a city break. A taxi from here back to JFK was ordered for us for $67 & arrived on time too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank NJMA
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a room without bathroom which I was nervous about I needn't have been! The bathroom was extremely clean all of the time and we didn't encounter anyone else trying to use it at the same time!! We paid half of what other NYC hotels ask for per night and believe we found a diamond! The hotel is so well located by grand central station and within 15 mins walking distance to Times Square. Staff were helpful and friendly and there was free coffee &tea available in the lounge area. Also there was free wifi which is a huge bonus!

Only criticism was our bed was a little on the small side but that said, we will definitely stay again at the Seton when we return to New York!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Emma M
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife, teenage son and I stayed at the Seton last week (late Feb 2014). We usually book all parts of a trip separately but for NYC a package via Expedia was much cheaper, so even though we'd read up about the Seton we were a little bit unsure what we'd find. We needn't have worried though - our stay at the Seton was brilliant. Considering the midtown location is accessible for all the sights, the cost, facilities and all-round service at the Seton is excellent. We had a double Queen-bed room (two double beds in one room) and the room was fresh, clean, nicely decorated and the beds were very comfy. Everything worked (tv, cupboards, mattresses good, etc) and the bathroom was excellent too with a really good shower. It felt as if everything had been refurbished within the past 12 months but was not so new that you're left wondering if something awful has just been covered up! The are also some shared facilities such as a nice lounge, good wifi (that worked flawlessly), free tea and coffee, etc. The desk staff were also helpful and friendly whenever needed.

I'd stay here again without hesitation, and have already recommended it to other people I know are going.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank onebc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I needed to find a hotel close to Grand Central very quickly and found this utter gem of a hotel. My room was extremely clean, and very comfortable. The reception staff were very helpful, from great advice to getting around NYC, to making sure I got Newark Airport in perfect time for my flight. On leaving the hotel I forgot to pick up my invoice (needed for expenses) a quick mail a week later, and within 24 hrs the guys had sent me a pdf of my invoice. Great stuff, and I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank HenryTheHoover
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This sweet little hotel is just a 5 min walk from Grand Central Station making it an incredibly convenient place. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the front salon is a bright and comfortable place for passing time. (I had a mountain of reading to do.)
Although my room was very small, it had everything I needed and was clean with what seemed to be a new mattress and pillows. My room had a shared bathroom down the hall which was also immaculate - never a wait. Only wish was that the window opened for fresh air.

If you're a budget or business/budget traveler - this is a gem of a find. My room would have been a bit too small for a couple.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the room w. shared bathroom. It really was an easy experience. (and there is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business