“The woman at the reception was extremely rude!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seton Hotel

Seton Hotel
Ranked #197 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“The woman at the reception was extremely rude!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at Seton hotel from July 14 until July 21. The hotel was clean, the room service was good. Everything was ok except for the woman at the reception! I have never met a person who is more rude than her. I love Nyc, it's my second time but she ruined my vacation and my stay. Compared to other hotels, the people at the reception are the most welcoming and nice people ever. But at Seton, it was just the opposite. It is not the case for the guys there, they are nice. But this women talked to us very impolitely, she didn't answer any question, she refused to give us the scale to weigh our luggages and when the man wanted to give us the scale she didn't let him, and she said that the hotel doesn't have one; and just the day before I saw a couple using the scale. The Seton experience made me very angry because of this woman, and I don't recommend anyone to stay at this hotel because of her. You'll get angry because of her rudeness and impoliteness instead of having fun and enjoying NYC

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Aliiiiiiiiice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I went to New York City for a "girls getaway" before she heads off the college. That being said, we were looking for an inexpensive hotel in a great location that was comfortable, safe and clean. We got all that and more at the Seton. Emmanuel checked us in when we arrived and he was wonderful. Our room was on the first floor and it was a mix of funky/retro/modern. Given some of the other reviews I read, I expected a tiny little room that was filled by a king-sized bed. We were pleasantly surprised at how big the room was.

The Seton is in an awesome location only about two blocks from Grand Central Station. We were able to walk to Times Square, Central Park, NBC Studio, pretty much everything.

I've read some of the other reviews and if you're looking for a "brand hotel" experience with a million dollar view, the Seton probably isn't the place for you, but if you're going to New York on a dime and want a nice, clean, safe place to stay for a very reasonable price and awesome staff, you're in for a treat.

Room Tip: We were in a first floor room with a king bed and it was more than enough room for two people
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Charon2010
Moorestown, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at the Seton right now. First floor room and its creepy. The hallway might be creepier ... There's an updated bath, which is lovely but I'm not liking the room I've been assigned. I get it, I booked on a discount site...
Upside? Great location. Very lovely staff.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank milliga
leslee60, Owner at Seton Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I was sorry to read that you did not like your room at the Seton Hotel. It is by no means a "discount version" of our typical room but in fact what we call a one-of-kind jewel box room . It has two-toned hand painted harliquin walls and exquisite (we think) moldings framing the velvet roman shades on the windows. All you had to do was ask for a room change and we would have been happy to oblige if another of that same room type was available .
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel was in a great location a 5 min walk from Grand Central Station, pay for a metro ticket $29 for a few days which will take you anywhere on the subway!! 5-10 min walk from 5th avenue shopping and a further 15 mins walk to Times Sqaure. Rooms small but decorated nicely, reception staff VERY helpful always happy to help! shared bathroom for the room we stayed in but did NOT cause a problem at all, always clean and stocked up! Would definatley stay there again if i ever get the chance to visit New York again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank beyelseee
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you are looking for a nice, plain, central hotel this is it. We were more than pleased with our choice and pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
Quiet, clean, polite staff and the most important, you can get to most places on foot.
You van even go for the rooms with no bathrooms - the common ones are star clean!
Great value for money!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mkl21
Dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This boutique hotel is NOT at all for business/family/pleasure/long stay. You can even get better deals in same class/area if you plan ahead.
The hotel doesn't have bellman therefore if you are alone & have car, It's a big issue. When I have check in, the front desk told me its fine to keep the car in Hotel loading zone till I carry my luggage to the room. But next I get a parking ticket! and other front desk, keep giving me lecture that this is NY & I shouldn't park here! Anyway after they claim that the hotel will pay it and it was their mistake. I asked for letter mentioning same & they gave me a letter that the front desk will cover the parking fine!!
On check in they will ask you to sing on a letter that the hotel is not responsible for any lost, in case of smoking inside the room should pay extra $ , there would be extra $ if you check out later then 11am & if there is any modification or cancellation should be inform before 48hours! My room was small & dark with small window toward other building. The bed was display bed in the showrooms; very small and for sure it isnt for tall people! No refrigerate inside room/old towels/window a/c that has its own sound/no gym/no pool/no breakfast. one tiny old style elevator without air, for sure you would be sweating inside. felt bad for the housekeepers that having difficulty to get in & out of elevator with cleaning trolley.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Azita-7
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for a stay in NYC. The rooms are small but it is an excellent deal for the price paid. Great location in a nice area and near everything! The place has excellent service, specially from the people in the front desk. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 206 is great!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple