“Excelente Boutique Hotel”
Review of Seton Hotel

Seton Hotel
Ranked #207 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for a stay in NYC. The rooms are small but it is an excellent deal for the price paid. Great location in a nice area and near everything! The place has excellent service, specially from the people in the front desk. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 206 is great!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ingrid M

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed in an economy room (one bed, sink, shared bathroom) with my two kids. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and bathroom was always spotless and available. Emmanuel at front desk was so welcoming and accommodating. He help us with directions and even lent us an umbrella for our outing. Everyone at front desk interacted wonderfully with my children. They felt at home. We had stayed at a more expensive hotel on the upper east side recently, and I don't think anyone there noticed my children or cared about accommodating our needs during our stay. The staff at Seton was wonderful. The price great for NYC. The hotel is neat the UN so street parking id very difficult to find.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at the Seton for 5 nights on a girls getaway. We had a 2 double bed room with private bathroom and it was more than enough space for us. Would've liked a few more mirrors and better lighting but overall it was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. Even at close to $300 a night this was a pretty good value in comparison to some other hotels we were considering. The location was also great - right by grand central, less than 10 min walk to fifth ave and about 20 to Times Square. Lots of great options near by for a quick breakfast but not much in the way of dinner/bar options. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others visiting NYC.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for the location and price, not expecting too much given it is New York. You do pay for the privilege of staying in the city! However I really liked this small hotel. The front desk staff are super friendly and eager to answer questions, I never encountered anyone who was not smiling and I heard them greet some guests by name. The hotel is six stories high with a single small elevator, but unlike others I was not bothered by this. I never had to wait too long. When I booked I included a request for a quiet room, which was clearly received. My room, 406, was located between a linen room and the staircase. I never heard a sound from other guests or from the street. However, what I DID hear, a lot, was the air conditioner. It was super hot in NY while I was there, and I had to have the ac on. The ac unit sounded like a plane taking off, and it cut in and out with the thermostat. When I was trying to sleep I would be jolted awake, which did impact on my sleep for a little while!

However, if you can live with the AC, then this is a great little place, close to the action and transport. I was able to walk to my meetings near the UN. The decor is quirky, but the room was clean and comfortable. I had a Queen room with bathroom.

Room Tip: 406 is a good room if you want to minimise noise from other guests. But the AC is very noisy!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the economiser room for 5 nights. It was so pretty. The decor is outstanding. So very tidy, clean and well presented.
Located in a perfect location. Just a small walk to Grand Central Station and Bryant Park. We walked past hotels like the Hyatt and they simply dont compare to the location, staff service and quiet luxury of the Seton. Perfect for solo and couples. We were in a shared bathroom. But at no stage did it feel like it. Its private and clean all the time. The lamps, beds, bedding, tiles, wall paint....everything are faultless. Our room even had a sink ...so convenient. Economiser shared bathroom is perfect...we saved the money for our next holiday. The laundry service is prompt. There is a lounge to use with comfy seats and tv, coffee machine etc if you arrive before checkin. You can leave your bags and venture outside knowing they are safe. Car service to airport is so very useful ...recommend you allow lots of time to get there as the traffic is busy sometimes. The car was clean, driver was nice. All staff at Seton are beautiful. The room staff do a beautiful job making the bed and even arrange pillows for you. There is lovely staff who mop throughout the day so the lobby is allows luxurious and tge staff behind the reservation desk are lovely, warm, welcoming. We didnt know too much about tipping so we left $1 on the bed each day. Staff were simply beautiful.

2  Thank sally J
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean finished to a high spec. The room we stayed in was a small double bed room which had plenty of cupboard space and a basin. We had a communal bathroom, this was the first time we have done this. I would be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive about this. However there were 2 on each floor, they were always in a clean state and very high spec. Best of all we never bumped into anyone or had to wait to use the bathrooms! And we were showering upto 3 times aday!
The only downfall of this hotel is how far it is to Times Square. It can take upto 20 mins! But on the plus as its not so central you can find better value places to eat and shop!

1  Thank ippyEngland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Seton Hotel one night when we went to see the Book of Mormon. We had a lovely room and the free coffee service downstairs was a treat. Around the corner is a great bagel sandwich shop. Times square is in wallking distance and the theater district is a short cab ride away if you dont have time to walk. Great, friendly, and most helpful staff! we definitely will stay there again! great air conditioning and outstanding bathroom. extremely clean.

Room Tip: double queen rooms are spacious,
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple