“Wonderful guest house in the Village”

Incentra Village Hotel
Ranked #15 of 77 New York City B&B and Inns
Trier
“Wonderful guest house in the Village”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stayed at the Incentra many times for almost 20 years, and I still want to come back. It is our home away from home. The guys who run the guest house have been there since a long time, which I appreciate very much. Thank you all for your hospitality!

All the rooms in the house are different. The kitchens and the bathrooms have been refurbished recently. The guest house is in the West Village, which has become quite fashionable in the last few years (not always a good thing!). There is no breakfast being served, but next door is the wonderful diner called "La Bonbonniere" . Both places are for me Greenwich-Village-as-it-used-to-be institutions and I hope they will remain there for a long time!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank marwag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

What a find! I come to NYC all the time and usually stay with friends. Vincent greeted me and checked me out at the end of my stay and couldn't be nicer.The room was large and very comfortable, with a microwave, frig, big sink, etc. My room was facing the street and was VERY quiet for a city room. The location is GREAT, literally a three minute walk to the subway station, and just one or two stops from EVERYTHING. The best thing is that the pics on their website look exactly like what they are. This is a GREAT place to stay in NYC.

Room Tip: I stayed in Lahore room, at the very top of a several flights of a narrow stairway - I liked being a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NinaTee
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have been sojourning in New York by myself for years. I love spending all day walking around in the city and meeting friends. What look for after those long, hectic days is a quiet, clean, comfortably appointed spot where I can unwind, write and rest.
Enter the Incentra Village.
The Garden Room has everything I need, plus exclusive access to a mini garden that is perfect for a last breath of evening air before bed.
Love, love, love!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank elise_477
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I together with our friends stayed at Incentra Villiage House. We had the garden room, which was very spacious and clean. There was a little coutyard which was great as we sat outside on most afternoons and relaxed with a few beers. The area is fantastic with boutiques, cafes and restaurants just minutes away. Easy 3 min walk to subway and not far from the Hudson river and Meat packaging district. The staff were fantastic and were very helpful with knowledge of the local area and New York in general. The rooms were maintained every day, with the kitchen and bathroom facilities exellent. Such good value for charming accomodation and location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gemma D
New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My first stay in this area....Clean and nice value in the Village.
Great bed/night sleep. Close to food/fun.
BYOFood...you will have a small kitchen to reheat
Plenty of stairs "to upper rooms" with some tight quarters but it is part of the charm!

Room Tip: Street level room(s) available too Service? Not a Bed and BREAKFAST place unless you BYO.... Easy w...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daddio54
Ballina, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I have just returned home from a three week trip to New York. We stayed in Incentra Village House - this in fact was our third trip to NY (2008 & 2009) and we stayed in Incentra on all occasions. Need we say more? It's more like visiting old family friends than staying at a Guest House and on all 3 occasions we were treated like family. Our first stay was in the 'India' room, 2nd was in the Annex and this time our room was the 'Maine' We could not fault anything and will definitely stay there again. The room overlooks the main street in the village - we specifically asked for this as we both like to see what's going on and the noise never troubled us, our own house is on the main street in our town and, frankly, we wouldn't have been able to sleep with out the traffic! The room was serviced everyday and it had a good bathroom and a kitchenette. This time round there was an addition to the Staff and within a day Mirza had joined Jeff, Violeta, Claudio and Vincent as the newest member of our big extended family.
Would we recommend this Guest House? Without hesitation! It is located close to subways, bus routes, wonderful restaurants, only a four/five minute walk from the Hudson Park (what a Park!), close to Chelsea Market, Meatpacking District and the latest facility - The Highline! (You just have to walk the Highline to appreciate it)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank seamusfrommayo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Everything about Incentra was great. The owner Jeff was very nice and provided great suggestions for things to do around the city. The location was in a great part of the West Village, close enough to fabulous restaurants and subway stations, but not too busy. The rooms were small but very charming and unique. Each room I stayed in had hardwood floors, a dark wood dresser and desk, and a comfortable bed with soft linen. I had a great time there and would highly recommend Incentra.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo