All reviewssingle roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtimes squarebudget hotelgreat locationbryant parkplace to sleeprooms are smallshared bathherald squarelight sleeperfresh towelspenn stationcentral locationcleaning stafffew blocks
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Yes, this is a budget hotel.. but don’t let that scare you off! It is centrally located if you are doing a lot of activities in Times Square and surrounding areas like we were. It was just a 10-15 minute walk to anything we wanted and was very easy to find. As for the actual room, the bed was small and not the most comfortable, but my husband and I made it work. It had everything we needed. Considering we didn’t spend much time in the room, we were very happy with it for the price we paid! I was hesitant to book because of the separate bathrooms but our room had a bathroom right next door and it seemed like we never saw another soul. Plus, the bathrooms were clean. No issues at all.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JordanSchaffer5
Reviewed December 5, 2017

First off I'll be honest, I hadn't realised this hotel has a shared bathroom when booking and I even tried to cancel when I found out, however as it was non-refundable so I was stuck with it! I wasn't keen on the idea and I was pretty apprehensive before going but as it turned out I'm so glad I didn't cancel! I would have paid at least £200 for another hotel in a similar location on my selected dates (1st - 4th Dec) and I was throughly impressed all round. My single room (414), was small but spotlessly clean and had enough space for a solo traveller. The bathroom was next door and not only was it super clean at all times, only once in 4 days was it occupied when I wanted to use it and then I just walked a few extra steps along the corridor to use another instead. The staff were so helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for you, they stored my luggage for free, organised a taxi back to the airport and even let me check in early as my room was available. Breakfast bits were provided and the fresh fruit was lovely. Location wise you're a few blocks from the Empire State Building and Macy's, and you're only a couple of minutes walk to Times Square. You are in a busy area so you often heard police sirens etc however this is to be expected in such a central location and it didn't impact my sleep.

This isn't a luxury hotel, however if you're looking for a well priced, immaculately clean room in a superb location then I highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced, ideally located, small comfortable rooms, clean (shared) bathrooms, friendly staff. Ideal no-frills spot to lay your head at the end of a day sight seeing. I'll definitely be back again!!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2017

We stayed here 26 Nov to 29 Nov. What can we say , it is in a perfect location, ultra clean, comfortable beds and nice and quiet.The rooms are small and have shared bathrooms, bathrooms always spotless and never engaged! Corridors and reception are immaculate!
Nice breakfast bits and pieces in reception.Have a chat with the staff they are lovely! You would be mad not to stay here , no horror stories in this hotel!
Thanks Americana Inn.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cleveleys
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Rare facility of rooms with single beds in USA - let alone NYC. Used earplugs as even double glazing does not block the sound of NYC through the night. Budget hotel providing more than you'd expect. No en suites but at least 4 bathrooms with bath/cum showers per floor. Basin and wall-hung TV in room. Not suitable for vertigo sufferers as casement bedroom window opens (without safety barriers) from thigh to head height. No breakfast available, however from 8 - 10 am there is a buffet of coffee/tea/hot chocolate, a variety of cookies and perfectly formed extra large apples and bananas. Cannot fault this accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family