All reviews single room new york the empire state building times square budget hotel great location bryant park place to sleep rooms are small shared bath herald square light sleeper fresh towels penn station central location cleaning staff few blocks
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me and my fiancée stayed one night and we couldn't have checked out faster.....They have communal bathrooms which no where on their website indicates this! My fiancée paid almost $300 for one night. If you are okay with 80 square foot room with paper thin walls, a full size bed, a lavy, a roll of toilet paper, 2 plastic cups, 1 towel, a noisey a/c, a 19" flat screen tv that only get 3 channels, then I would say "by all means book". WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Def gives of the "hostel" vibe.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Americana Inn is a great find. We have never stayed where we had to share bathrooms but it was not problem at all. There seem to be quite a few bathrooms dotted around each floor. The location is fantastic and about 20 minutes walk to Time Square which you don't notice as there is so much to see along the way. There are a few subway stations near by too.

the hotel also has an extensive room service menu with local places that you can order 24 hours. If you want to be in the heart of Manhattan you can't go wrong with this place for value.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper you may find it hard to sleep, the air conditioner is a whole in the wall. If you don't use it you will hear the sirens and/or traffic. Ear plugs?
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hersha R
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Avoid if you can.
1. It's cheap but I wouldn't say it's a hotel. More like a youth hostel.
2. It has very small rooms with thin walls. Our neighbors were very amorous the night we stayed there.
3. The lobby and rooms are clean.
4. I think it has permanent residents because a homeless looking man staying there leered at me like I moved into the wrong neighborhood.
5. The air conditioner is bolted to the window which blocks the exit to the fire escape. Very safe.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank GreatFamFun
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a hostel not a hotel that feels like it used to be a hospital. THERE ARE NO PRIVATE BATHROOMS. when we booked online it didn't indicate anywhere that there was shared bathrooms. The rooms are small but no big deal. Location is fantastic. They SHUT OFF THE WATER during our stay an hour before check in without telling us. It is extremely loud, if your a light sleeper forget about it. Everything is of poor quality. Poorly maintained but they do a decent cleaning job. All the employees seem unhappy. Worst thing is I think I found a CAMERA inside the tv that was carved in and installed. I had to hang a jacket over the TV. I am not 100% sure if it was recording but the place is so sketchy so who knows. Worst experience I ever had, I cancelled my other two nights and went up the street to a 4 star hotel for $40 more per night

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank axkv5000
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location is really good and that's just about it. The hotel is not well-maintained as the windows are dirty, some of the tiles are cracked/peeling, etc. They sometimes forget to clean the area under the bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends