All reviews single room new york the empire state building times square budget hotel great location bryant park place to sleep rooms are small shared bath herald square light sleeper fresh towels penn station central location cleaning staff few blocks
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Avoid if you can.
1. It's cheap but I wouldn't say it's a hotel. More like a youth hostel.
2. It has very small rooms with thin walls. Our neighbors were very amorous the night we stayed there.
3. The lobby and rooms are clean.
4. I think it has permanent residents because a homeless looking man staying there leered at me like I moved into the wrong neighborhood.
5. The air conditioner is bolted to the window which blocks the exit to the fire escape. Very safe.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank GreatFamFun
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a hostel not a hotel that feels like it used to be a hospital. THERE ARE NO PRIVATE BATHROOMS. when we booked online it didn't indicate anywhere that there was shared bathrooms. The rooms are small but no big deal. Location is fantastic. They SHUT OFF THE WATER during our stay an hour before check in without telling us. It is extremely loud, if your a light sleeper forget about it. Everything is of poor quality. Poorly maintained but they do a decent cleaning job. All the employees seem unhappy. Worst thing is I think I found a CAMERA inside the tv that was carved in and installed. I had to hang a jacket over the TV. I am not 100% sure if it was recording but the place is so sketchy so who knows. Worst experience I ever had, I cancelled my other two nights and went up the street to a 4 star hotel for $40 more per night

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank axkv5000
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location is really good and that's just about it. The hotel is not well-maintained as the windows are dirty, some of the tiles are cracked/peeling, etc. They sometimes forget to clean the area under the bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, easy to walk for all Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue and other attractions. It felt safe and friendly and the rooms and bathrooms were clean (but not spotless).
I was under the impression that I booked a room with a bathroom, but there was none. However, there were enough bathrooms available, it was not a major problem for us.
The major problem was that the rooms are extremely noisy, there is no isolation at all, it feels like sleeping on a highway!
Price-wise I simply wonder who makes the millions with such a property. Very few employees, and surely not well paid, and the prices you pay are just outrageous! Value for money very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com