“Location is Great.”
Review of Americana Inn

Americana Inn
Ranked #374 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location is really good and that's just about it. The hotel is not well-maintained as the windows are dirty, some of the tiles are cracked/peeling, etc. They sometimes forget to clean the area under the bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, easy to walk for all Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue and other attractions. It felt safe and friendly and the rooms and bathrooms were clean (but not spotless).
I was under the impression that I booked a room with a bathroom, but there was none. However, there were enough bathrooms available, it was not a major problem for us.
The major problem was that the rooms are extremely noisy, there is no isolation at all, it feels like sleeping on a highway!
Price-wise I simply wonder who makes the millions with such a property. Very few employees, and surely not well paid, and the prices you pay are just outrageous! Value for money very poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I spent hours trying to find a good cheap place to stay in NY. There were 2 of us and we didn't really care where we stayed as long as the location was good. We could not have been happier! This place worked out cheaper than most of the hostels and was in the perfect location, literally around the corner from Times Square. The rooms had there own basin and mirror and were an ok size. The double bed was quite cosy but was comfortable. It is shared bathrooms but not once did I have to wait for the shower or the toilet. If you want somewhere cheap, right in the middle of the action, and still perfectly comfortable then this place could not be better.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alisha F
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights in June with my brother.

Considering the cheap rate we were very pleased with the hotel. We had a room with 2 single beds that was near the corner of the block - closest to 6th Avenue. We were able to use the free wifi from the cafe down on the corner from our room which was a bonus.
TV worked fine. Air con was a bit loud but it didn't bother us. We had a bathroom right next door and I didn't have to wait to use it once during my 8 day stay. The front desk staff were lovely and the desk manned 24 hours a day. They were helpful and able to answer many of our questions.

Remember this is a very basic accomadation and you cannot expect it to be at teh standards of a 4 star hotel. Its not and its not trying to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amylou540
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You want to be in the middle of everything and not spend a lot of money? this is your place. Be aware rooms are small and bathrooms are shared. For me it was perfect, I just needed a place to sleep and take a nice shower, the rest of the day (and some of the night) I was visiting all the wonderful places this city has. Meeting my sister who was there for business (she lives in Spain & I live in Florida) for few days. Again had a wonderful time, didn't have much expectations, but as I said I just needed a clean place to sleep and get a shower. Everything was great, at least for me :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the worst place i have ever stayed in NYC. Imagine just arriving in New York (you haven't even had the time to figure out that you need a cell phone), the only phone in the lobby is broken, nothing works in this hotel by the way (no TV, the AC is so noisy you forget about it, no telephone, etc.) and these people UNBELIEVABLE! were incapable not only of letting you use their phone but even of dialing a taxi number or a local number for you! I have never seen something like it. The person who works the morning shift, anything can happen, he doesn't care, he does his job and that's it. At least in the evening there are a couple of employees who care about the customer's concerns. Not to mention that almost everyone realizes that the bathrooms are shared when it is too late. They say it is mentioned in the hotel listing. Apparently nobody sees it. I stayed one night because couldn't do otherwise.

Room Tip: Stay if you cannot do otherwise