“my review of the americana inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Inn

Americana Inn
Ranked #372 of 479 Hotels in New York City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oak Hill VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This Hotel is the WORST Hotel aI have even been in my life! I booked via Hotels.com for $120 but when I checked in they refused to honor the price by Hotels.com and Charge me $140 a night. We did not have TV service for 3 nights in addition to no Wifi, no private bathroom and horrible front desk staff. The windows and blinds were broken and the noise from the street was so loud we did not sleep well for 3 nights! We tried to move to a different hotel but everything was booked. We were also locked out of the front door of the hotel because there was no one at the friont desk for 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CityLover2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have used CheapoAir, Expedia, Priceline etc. for many years with very positive experiences. This past hotel booking was by far my worst experience to date. The corner location with 3 giant windows overlooking the street, The windows were broken, the blinds over them were broken, the television was broken, there was a hole in the wall next to the air conditioner that went out to the street. The noise was so loud that we did not sleep at all. Also, there was no bathroom in the room which was not in the booking information which would not have been a problem.
I requested another room and was told the hotel was full, which it clearly was not. I felt that because we paid less we were penalized with a room that would never go to a paying guest. That we were given their worst location, truly an unlivable, certainly "unsleepable" situation.

Room Tip: Request that your room not face the street and be on a higher floor. The windows are not sound proof...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank djaffe0660

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Chevy Chase, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Most people choose this hotel for the price; some people then expect luxury. I stayed one night and found it adequate. Everything was very clean. There were plenty of restrooms on my floor so I never had to wait to use the bathroom. In fact, I rarely saw other guests except in the elevator. The window air conditioner in my room only ran on high so it was quite noisy. On the other hand, it blocked out any hallway or street noise so I slept well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Feistygal
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Location is near the bus stop from DC but we had a hard time finding the place. There's construction in-front of the inn and the signage is small. We spent a lot of time at the door step and no one will open it for us even if the receptionist can see us through CCTV. Elevator is small as well as the rooms. There's a common bathroom but there's a sink inside the room and it is closely next to the bed. It is so close that you need to be careful not to hit yourself. If ever I'll visit NY again, I wont stay in this inn again. Its good enough though for budget travelers on an overnight visit to see the Big Apple.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Abby M
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Thursday-Sunday and the location is awesome being close to Times Square but everything else is below average. The room was hot even with an window air conditioner. We asked for a fan for two nights in a row and said they didn't have one. The next day we came in from a hot day and asked for a fan and was told they would check. We got into our room and found maids have came in and turned off our window unit even after we had our card outside to not enter we called down to complain and a fan was brought right up. If you have the chance to stay elsewhere I would.

• Stayed July 2013
Omsk, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

What is really good in this hotel is location: many sightseeings are at a walking distance.
But when it comes to the place itself... Well, the room is too small, from my point of view. However, I would mention that it is very clean and nice there, there are enough bathrooms on the floor. One more - there is no REAL kitchen, unless you believe that a kitchen includes a tiny fridge and sink with no oven or microwave whatsoever.
Yet another problem is wi-fi.. They don't have any wi-fi at all, and you have to use the desktop at the reception with payable Internet...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple