All reviewssingle roomnew yorkthe empire state buildingtimes squarebudget hotelgreat locationbryant parkplace to sleeprooms are smallshared bathherald squarelight sleeperfresh towelspenn stationcentral locationcleaning stafffew blocks
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was looking for a moderately priced accommodation In Manhattan not too far from Times Square. After browsing the web for a while, I decided to book a room at Americana Inn, which was advertised at the Expedia website. The price for what they claimed was a ‘standard twin room (w/o breakfast)’ was ‘only’ 176.79$ per night. When I checked in, I was surprised to learn that the “standard rooms” in this hotel did not have bathroom. At this point it was too late to find another hotel and I stayed in the hotel. The lack of in-room bathroom turned to be a major discomfort for me, since I needed to use it in the middle of the night. The other problem was with the A/c, which was old and malfunctioning.

Room Tip: Close to the bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank MichelW
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Not flash or modern. Smallish rooms. But it was a good deal and convenient to walk to everywhere we wanted to go and see. Staff efficient, rooms clean. Neither impressive nor disappointing. Would not seek it out but wouldn't avoid.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DougalM_12
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I saw some reviews here before going there. When I saw many people did not give positive reviews to it, i did not give any expectation for it. For the reason that we are poor students, we cannot afford hotels. BUT!! When we moved in, it was not that bad! everything is very clean!! especially the restroom! Though as other people mentioned that the windows there could not lock, it was a little noisy at night, we still could fall asleep bcuz we were so exhausted. We were so close to times square!! it is so convenient for us to go everywhere! we can walk to many spots. All in all, I am satisfied with this inn. good location, affordable price, clean facilities though some noise. lol good for poor students, friends! recommend!

Room Tip: for an inn, just dont bring too high expectation. it's different from hotels.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank viviviR
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at the Americana Inn on our first trip to New York. The prices were amazingly low for being in Times Square, but we quickly discovered it was due to the heavy construction going on across the street (jack-hammers going at 3:00am, not the prettiest view, etc). We didn't mind too much as we were out and about quite a bit and expected the city that never sleeps to be loud even at night. The bellhops and front desk were very accomodating; we went with no real plans in hopes to see the best of the city, and they certainly gave excellent recommendations. We would defintely go back and stay at the Americana!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I came to New York, arriving at 3 AM in the morning. My room was very small, thank God, I did not have a lot of luggage. Bad, chair, drawer, little closet,face basin, that"s it. But what more do you need. The shared bathroom was just on the other side of the corridor and was clean and always available when in need. I liked the location, because it means short distance for me. If you need a room to sleep, I would recommend the Americana Inn. If you go to New York for a wonderful experience, choose something else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business