“clean, excellent location & friendly staff”
Review of Americana Inn

Americana Inn
Ranked #374 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I saw some reviews here before going there. When I saw many people did not give positive reviews to it, i did not give any expectation for it. For the reason that we are poor students, we cannot afford hotels. BUT!! When we moved in, it was not that bad! everything is very clean!! especially the restroom! Though as other people mentioned that the windows there could not lock, it was a little noisy at night, we still could fall asleep bcuz we were so exhausted. We were so close to times square!! it is so convenient for us to go everywhere! we can walk to many spots. All in all, I am satisfied with this inn. good location, affordable price, clean facilities though some noise. lol good for poor students, friends! recommend!

Room Tip: for an inn, just dont bring too high expectation. it's different from hotels.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank viviviR

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at the Americana Inn on our first trip to New York. The prices were amazingly low for being in Times Square, but we quickly discovered it was due to the heavy construction going on across the street (jack-hammers going at 3:00am, not the prettiest view, etc). We didn't mind too much as we were out and about quite a bit and expected the city that never sleeps to be loud even at night. The bellhops and front desk were very accomodating; we went with no real plans in hopes to see the best of the city, and they certainly gave excellent recommendations. We would defintely go back and stay at the Americana!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I came to New York, arriving at 3 AM in the morning. My room was very small, thank God, I did not have a lot of luggage. Bad, chair, drawer, little closet,face basin, that"s it. But what more do you need. The shared bathroom was just on the other side of the corridor and was clean and always available when in need. I liked the location, because it means short distance for me. If you need a room to sleep, I would recommend the Americana Inn. If you go to New York for a wonderful experience, choose something else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eva K
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Americana Inn for 4 nights, the staff were helpful, friendly and knowledgable about the surrounding area and attractions.
The rooms were very basic with only a small 'chest of drawers', wardrobe, tv and a sink in the corner.
Every room had a shared bathroom but don't be put off by this cause it was always clean and you never had to wait.
Location was amazing, only minutes from Time Square, Bryants Park, Empire State Building, Macy's etc
If you want a clean, cheap, affordable, friendly hotel in the middle of the NYC I strongly recommend you check out the 'Americana Inn'

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is an old building that has not been maintained. The "passenger" elevator says it is a freight elevator and should NOT be used as a passenger elevator. It smells terrible, the rooms are small and dirty. Shared bathrooms that do not seem to be cleaned regularly. The bed was awful and the noise unbearable. I didn't get more than 1 hour of sleep at a time. I was booked for 2 nights but I changed hotels after the first night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Harriet W
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The property was recently revonated and luckily had a sink in the room as the baths are shared. It's a budget property but you can usually find comps with your own potty. The elevator smells like bug spray and it's very noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We needed to be buzzed in....first clue. You walk into a small entrance way with a staircase and and elevator. The lobby is on the second floor to check in. Old....very old...dank and dreary. We had asked for a room with 2 twin beds. We were told it the room had three twins and we accepted. However, after taking the elevator to our floor and walking through the winding halls, I began to wonder if they were planning on selling that third bed while we were there. I felt like we were staying in a music settlement. Upon opening the door to our room, the realization hit when we saw the free standing sink in the corner there was no shower or bathroom! It was a community bathroom in the hall. I was so glad our time to be there was very limited before checking out the following morning. I'm not sure...maybe a hostile would have been better. This is truly a place for young people on an extreme budget with access to Mid-Town who don't mind travelling 'no frills'. Would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Not here! I would find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends