Americana Inn
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$389
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$308
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle roomnew yorktimes squarethe empire state buildinggreat locationbudget hotelbryant parkplace to sleeprooms are smallshared bathfour blocksstreet noiseherald squarelight sleepercentral locationcleaning staffpenn station
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The property was recently revonated and luckily had a sink in the room as the baths are shared. It's a budget property but you can usually find comps with your own potty. The elevator smells like bug spray and it's very noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We needed to be buzzed in....first clue. You walk into a small entrance way with a staircase and and elevator. The lobby is on the second floor to check in. Old....very old...dank and dreary. We had asked for a room with 2 twin beds. We were told it the room had three twins and we accepted. However, after taking the elevator to our floor and walking through the winding halls, I began to wonder if they were planning on selling that third bed while we were there. I felt like we were staying in a music settlement. Upon opening the door to our room, the realization hit when we saw the free standing sink in the corner there was no shower or bathroom! It was a community bathroom in the hall. I was so glad our time to be there was very limited before checking out the following morning. I'm not sure...maybe a hostile would have been better. This is truly a place for young people on an extreme budget with access to Mid-Town who don't mind travelling 'no frills'. Would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Not here! I would find somewhere else to stay.
2  Thank ladycarolyn1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We selected this hotel, because it was the cheapest available on a top location in NYC. Me and a colleague had to be in DC and he never went to NYC before (It was my 4th time).

The location is great. You are a short walk away from Penn station, so the connecting subway ride from/to JFK was a breeze. Also Bryant Park, Grand Central, Times Square are within a 10 minute walk away. Across the street there was a great coffee shop (Culture Espresso). And if you are a beer fanatic try to visit The Ginger Man a few blocks further.

The room was small, hot! and very basic. It was ok for the two nights we were there, but if you want any comfort and some comfort, do not take this hotel. Beds were ok-ish, but the room had no airco or storage facility. The bathrooms are shared and outside your room, which is inconvenient, but something I can live with. At least they were very clean. Towels and beds were refreshed every day.

The worst was the fact that the windows did not close completely, so it was like sleeping in the middle of 6th Av. The noise was over the top. Take earplugs with you!

So if you only want a room to crash for a bargain, this is a good pick. If you want any form of comfort, stay away. I enjoyed my stay here.

1  Thank Arno S
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is near the Theater District and this is very useful if you want to go crazy and see all the plays, musicals and the crowd at the Times Square. I stayed in a very good bedroom, clean, but simple. The bathroom is shared, but I was lucky because I have a bathroom next door and it was always available. There were many bathrooms and one kitchen. The building is a little old, there was a computer and free wifi at the lobby. The access to the internet was not free. There were nice restaurant nearby.
O hotel fica perto do distrito de teatro e isto é muito util se voce quer enlouquecer e assistir a todas as peças, musicais e o povo que fica perambulando pela Times Square. Eu fiquei num quarto muito bom, limpo, mas simples. O banheiro é compartilhado, mas eu tive sorte porque eu tinha um banheiro bem ao lado e estava sempre livre. Havia muitos banheiros e uma cozinha por andar. O predio é antigo, tinha computador e wifi gratis no lobby. O acesso à internet não era de graça. Havia restaurantes bons por perto.

Room Tip: Os melhores quartos ficam longe do elevador e da cozinha.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel couldn't be worse.

All floors stink, you don't want to go there.
Nearly all rooms have NO PRIVATE BATHROOM.
The sink in the room is too small to be useful.
The rooms are so small, you can't open a large suitcase.
Aircondition is so loud and weak, it won't freshen the air but you can't sleep, so loud.

There are strange bugs, you better turn off the light and try to sleep and not to think about it.

The worst is what happened to me: During the first night at 4am i had to use the public bathroom on the floor. My doorlock wouldn't open again. So i had to walk down in my pajamas to the front desk. Nobody was there. I was quite desperate. Would I have to sleep in the hall? I walked around, nobody to be seen. After some time i came back to the front desk. I was given a new key card, which didn't work either. So I had to change room, meaning i had to pack my luggage and move. The new room had an even worse air condition.
All this happened after a long flight, in the middle of the night. So I asked for a reduction. I was offered a reduction of $50 only.

The problem is, the reduction was never paid. Also when I checked out they refused to acknowledge in writing the amount of the reduction and sign it. So they planned not to pay right in the beginning.

To me this is unacceptable behavior, you don't want to deal this these people (on top of the awful rooms and overall setting).

I recommend to stay away from this hotel at all cost.

Room Tip: Wählen sie kein Zimmer, wählen Sie ein anderes Hotel. Das sollten Sie sich wert sein.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo