“Best location , comfortable stay...few steps from Times Square”
Review of Americana Inn

Americana Inn
Ranked #377 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I spent two nights on a weekend with a friend. It's really very good stay for night stay just few steps from Times Square, NYC. Though the rooms are small but they fulfill the need for what they are required. Also. not too costlier. Stay at this property helped us to get maximum use of weekend plan of NYC. Staff and cleanliness is also good.

Room Tip: Very close to Times Square
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We checked in last October of last year and we stayed for 3 nights and 4 days. I booked via online and we didnt know that it was peak season because of the Columbus Day long weekend so we got this for over 200 USD a night. It was quite pricey for an Inn. We chose this hotel because of the perfect location according to the reviews. Since I was dilly-dally because I chose other hotels prior to this, when I booked this, I missed the "shared bathroom" thing. So we were surprised that it was shared bathroom for its price. It was a typical New York Inn. Small rooms and shared bathroom. Although, we loved the location! It's in the center of everything and really close to Times Square and Macy's.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Could not fault this hotel, rooms are pretty basic but clean and you have a shared bathroom but there are at least 4 bathrooms per floor we never had a problem, the location of the americana inn is fantastic literally a 5 minute walk to the empire state building and 10 at the most to times square, the staff were helpful and for the amount of time you will spend in your room in new York you couldn't want any more, we will definitely / hopefully stay here again :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Recommend - Yes

Note - this is first time we have stayed in shared facilities. We stayed for 9 nights in June 2012.

Room: Stayed on the 3rd level in a double bed; the room was small but clean. The bed was comfortable enough but after a day of walking around NYC - you still sleep regardless! The sound proofing wasn't the best but I see it as a constant reminder you're in NYC - which is a good thing! :)

The only criticism of our room was that the aircon wasn't working that effectively when it got really hot (which it did) - really hot being > 35 degrees; but worked just enough to sleep!

Bathroom: was very impressed by the cleanliness of the bathroom given this was my greatest concern not having stayed at a shared facility hotel before; never had a issue with waiting for it so was pleased with the facilities.

But with anything to do with shared facilities, its as only as clean as your neighbors - so hopefully everyone will be on the same page and keep things clean.

Location: BRILLIANT! You stay at this hotel for the location and the value. Can't speak highly enough of this.

Value: Very good value for NYC - especially given the location!

Service: Was OK without outstanding or dismal; daytime front desk attendant was't the happiest but the nighttime front desk attendant was cool, funny and helpful!

Overall: Definitely recommend given the price - the location itself justifies staying here.

Tip: If you love macarons, Laduree NYC is a MUST visit. I've been to the original store in Paris, and the NYC store is its equal - salted caramel, i could eat that 24/7!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Midi82
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed at the Americana for 4 nights and was overall happy with the experience. When I first arrived, the room they gave me was not as pictured on their website--it was much smaller. When I asked about it, the man at the desk immediately offered me another room and it was what I had expected when I booked the room. I knew the bathrooms would be shared, but there was one bathroom for the three rooms in my end of the hall so I didn't have to wait except for once or twice and there was always something else open on the floor.

I had a bit of a problem with the hair dryers they provided. If you need to blow dry your hair, I would recommend you bring your own travel blow dryer or buy a cheap one when you get there, and an extension cord wouldn't hurt either b/c the outlets were so far from the mirror in the room it was hard to see what I was doing.

Other than that, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was outstanding for the price of the hotel. I would go back.

Room Tip: I requested a room at the back on the fourth or fifth floor as recommended by others b/c of the nois...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank sueado
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in June excellent location .room was clean bit small but in new York your Hardley in your room . The hotel has shared bathrooms , this was not a problem never had to wait to use bathroom. Our room was at front facing road very noisy with traffic all night ,so try and get room at back but new York is noisy .5 min walk from empire state and times square and walk to central park isn't long as its easier to walk than take transport,very busy.shopping also nearby. We also took the ferry to statue of liberty great .would stay here again. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dee0072000
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Had a great 6 days here. The location is very close to Bryant Park which was a very nice place to have lunch with a free wifi connection. Bathrooms in the hallway but worked out just fine. Wasn't cheap but for NYC it was a good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Remco S