“Weekend for Two”

Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Weekend for Two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights. The staff was particularly friendly and helpful with everything from parking to local restaurants. We found the location very convenient to the theater district and many great places to eat and stores to explore. Also convenient to subway and the ever-present cabs. I opted for a room with a view of the city and we had a spectacular view of the Empire State Building at night from our 15th floor room!

Room Tip: Opt for the City View rooms for the small additional fee!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Elan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Good Morning,

Thanks for the amazing review! We take great pride in our customer service here at HGI35, and the positive feedback is always appreciated. We look forward to your next visit to our property!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a Fri and Sat night visit to NYC. We found the hotel to be comfortable and convenient, and very budget friendly.

The pluses: Service and staff were excellent. Everyone was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The room itself was on the small side but from what I hear about average in NYC. Also, the lowest rate rooms have king beds whereas many NY hotels have queen beds at the low price point and jack the rates for king or 2-dbl rooms. The room was clean and perfectly functional albeit basic. The price was the best feature.

The negatives and other considerations: I was not thrilled with the location even though many reviews here rave about it. The immediate area has little "charm" and not many restaurants nearby. Although there is a subway station right there, the lines we wanted were not accessible from that station. The restaurant served a buffet breakfast but no a la carte options. Although better quality than a hotel with complimentary breakfast, it was not $20pp better, and the fact that I couldnt get a bagel and coffee without buying the full buffet was disappointing.

Overall, this hotel served our basic needs at a good price for NYC but was not a memorable part of our stay. My best one-word description is utilitarian.

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. At HGI35 we are always working on improving at every aspect of our hotel, and we take each piece of feedback as an opportunity to do better. If you do decide to return to our property, we would be happy to show you exactly how charming both HGI35 and NYC can be!
Jackson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a day, the staff was extremely pleasant, ready to assist us as soon as we walked in the lobby. The location was also a plus, walking distance to department stores, restaurants, entertainments, etc. I would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Good Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear you ejoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon and show you a perfect stay.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights, in a double room.

The rooms are excellent, very clean, beds are probably the comfiest Ive ever slept in at a hotel. Shower superb and having a fridge and microwave in the room is handy to have.

The location, as most have noted, is perfect for sightseeing but also getting around; subway is literally at the doorstep, while Penn Station is less than 5 mins walk away so great for getting to/from JFK on the Long Island Rail Runner.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I paid for a room with a view, but it was on the back (not facing Empire State) - they consider any...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us at HGI35. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System beds! I couldn't agree more, they are the most comfortable beds out there. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Clean comfortable room with fantastic view of Empire State Building. Very handy to everything especially Macy's. We walked nearly everywhere although the subway is very convenient. Not many good restaurants nearby so we found we had to walk east to 3rd street to get a better choice of restaurants. Felt totally safe wandering around at night and would stay here again for its central and quiet location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Anne,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our amazing location in Herald Square, just around the corner from the Empire State Building. For your next trip to HGI35, please check with the Front Desk or Concierge and we'd be happy to suggest some amazing restaurants right in our area. Hope to see you back here soon!
Laurel, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed here from Sunday-Monday which made the cost of my stay at about $160 per night. Which for Manhattan is a great price. Overall, customer serve was very good. This hotel is very clean. I did not see any evidence of dirt, dust, bugs etc. The city view is not the best, and the size and layout of the room is not the best. But for the price I paid, I was satisfied. If I had to pay 250+ for the room, I would choose a different hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Joshua,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the greatest of views during your stay, and hope to have the chance to welcome you back and show you some of our amazing views of the NYC skyline. If you give us another chance, we would embrace the opportunity to show you what a perfect stay at HGI35 is all about. We hope to see you back here soon!
MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

The front desk customer service at this location gets an A+. We arrived early and pre registered. Felix gave us cold water and pointed us the the complimentary luggage storage area. The gentleman who took our luggage was gracious enough to recommend a restaurant for lunch. When we arrived back to check in at 3PM, Tameika (I hope I got it right) checked us in without hesitation. She put us in a corner room and when I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday, we were given free breakfast the next day.
The room was adequate size, though probably more suitable for just one bed instead of two. However, it met our needs. There is an in-room safe, microwave, frig, and Keurig coffeemaker complete w/coffee. There is a nice work desk and comfortable chair. Oh and free wireless internet.
The bathroom was a little cozy, but adequate. There were Neutrogena products which I love.

The view from the window couldn't have been better. When I looked left, I could see the Empire State Building and when I looked to the right I could see Macy's. Macy's was less than a 5 minute walk. Lord and Taylor was about 10 minutes. We walked from Penn station in about 15 minutes. You can get to many attractions from this location with ease. One of the reasons this location was chosen was because of the location and reviews. I did my share of people watching on the street below-we were on the front side of the hotel so I saw quite a bit of activity.

There is seating outside of the hotel-area for non-smoker too!! A nice place to sit and relax and watch the sights and sounds of this area. There was a steady flow of taxis. The subway was steps away from the front of the hotel. There are also several restaurants in walking distance.

There is a business center in the main lobby-use your room key to access.

The breakfast buffet was ok. It offered a variety of fresh fruits, cereal, make-your-own waffle, omelet station, and various beverages.

This is a great location and I would stay here again. I felt safe. After 11PM you have use your key to get in the front door and after a certain time, you have to use it in the elevator as well. The only problem we had was with the room keys; the 3rd time was the charm.

I still cringe at the price-but you can't take it with you!

Good Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'd be happy to let Felix and Tameika know how much you appreciated their help during your stay with us! We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon and show you an absolutely perfect stay.