“Great location”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #83 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights. Clean comfortable room with fantastic view of Empire State Building. Very handy to everything especially Macy's. We walked nearly everywhere although the subway is very convenient. Not many good restaurants nearby so we found we had to walk east to 3rd street to get a better choice of restaurants. Felt totally safe wandering around at night and would stay here again for its central and quiet location.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Elan B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Anne,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our amazing location in Herald Square, just around the corner from the Empire State Building. For your next trip to HGI35, please check with the Front Desk or Concierge and we'd be happy to suggest some amazing restaurants right in our area. Hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed here from Sunday-Monday which made the cost of my stay at about $160 per night. Which for Manhattan is a great price. Overall, customer serve was very good. This hotel is very clean. I did not see any evidence of dirt, dust, bugs etc. The city view is not the best, and the size and layout of the room is not the best. But for the price I paid, I was satisfied. If I had to pay 250+ for the room, I would choose a different hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Joshua,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the greatest of views during your stay, and hope to have the chance to welcome you back and show you some of our amazing views of the NYC skyline. If you give us another chance, we would embrace the opportunity to show you what a perfect stay at HGI35 is all about. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The front desk customer service at this location gets an A+. We arrived early and pre registered. Felix gave us cold water and pointed us the the complimentary luggage storage area. The gentleman who took our luggage was gracious enough to recommend a restaurant for lunch. When we arrived back to check in at 3PM, Tameika (I hope I got it right) checked us in without hesitation. She put us in a corner room and when I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday, we were given free breakfast the next day.
The room was adequate size, though probably more suitable for just one bed instead of two. However, it met our needs. There is an in-room safe, microwave, frig, and Keurig coffeemaker complete w/coffee. There is a nice work desk and comfortable chair. Oh and free wireless internet.
The bathroom was a little cozy, but adequate. There were Neutrogena products which I love.

The view from the window couldn't have been better. When I looked left, I could see the Empire State Building and when I looked to the right I could see Macy's. Macy's was less than a 5 minute walk. Lord and Taylor was about 10 minutes. We walked from Penn station in about 15 minutes. You can get to many attractions from this location with ease. One of the reasons this location was chosen was because of the location and reviews. I did my share of people watching on the street below-we were on the front side of the hotel so I saw quite a bit of activity.

There is seating outside of the hotel-area for non-smoker too!! A nice place to sit and relax and watch the sights and sounds of this area. There was a steady flow of taxis. The subway was steps away from the front of the hotel. There are also several restaurants in walking distance.

There is a business center in the main lobby-use your room key to access.

The breakfast buffet was ok. It offered a variety of fresh fruits, cereal, make-your-own waffle, omelet station, and various beverages.

This is a great location and I would stay here again. I felt safe. After 11PM you have use your key to get in the front door and after a certain time, you have to use it in the elevator as well. The only problem we had was with the room keys; the 3rd time was the charm.

I still cringe at the price-but you can't take it with you!

Good Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'd be happy to let Felix and Tameika know how much you appreciated their help during your stay with us! We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon and show you an absolutely perfect stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

fantastic! location cannot be beat. large room (not only ny standard...) room 2301. ac works great. in room coffee maker plus free coffee in lobby in the morning/ there is room in the lobby to sit and chat with friends plus outdoor sitting for people watching.spacious bathroom. i would stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Good Evening,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. Thanks for the amazing review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great location and all of the convenient amenities found in each one of our rooms. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I knew I wasn't going to like any hotels in New York. However, this hotel was not so bad. It was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. The cost was great and so was the location. We were right around the corner from Time Square. Room was a typical New York hotel size but bathroom was a great size for my 6'4' husband.

Room Tip: Rooms were a typical New York hotel size but bathroom was a great size for my 6'4' husband.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Good Morning,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations as a hotel located in Midtown Manhatttan, and we hope you and your husband decide to return soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great location, very nice rooms and friendly staff. Not far from the Lincoln tunnel , on the way out of town we were in the tunnel within 10 minutes. Also like that your near time square but can head but uptown or downtown easily. Nice view of the Empire State Building , looks better than a postcard right from your window. Great value for the price, I would definitely recommend. Will be making this my first choice the next time I visit the city.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Joe,

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing location just around the corner from the Empire State Building. Thanks for making HGI35 your go-to hotel in NYC!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel Aug 7 - 11 with husband and two teen girls. What a great location! We were in Koreatown, right across from Macy's and great shopping, the subway, near many other attractions, and it was clean and relatively quiet for NYC; 1103 is a great room for people-watching from above, and you can see the ESB. The hotel staff was very friendly, very helpful, answering our many questions and giving some great advice. No issues with housekeeping at all, really no issues. The only wrinkle was solved well to my satisfaction - issue with the rate I got - included the Taste of NY, but they didn't have the materials needed to take full advantage of that. But we had made reservations at one of the places mentioned, and the hotel staff did reimburse me the %age that was advertised, actually a little more. The bar is small and low-key, great after a long day of crowds and walking. Did not use the breakfast or fitness areas. Felt secure as you have to use your key betwen 8pm - 5am. Had trouble with the wifi, which made researching tomorrow's activities difficult. Highly recommend.

Good Morning,

Thanks for the amazing review! Excellent Customer Service is the main focus of what we do here at HGI35, and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our property. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!