Hey everybody!!! It's Singlemama Travelista!
This hotel was divine for the Christmas Holidays. It has everything you need for a wonderful NYC stay. Nestled in the heart of Herald Square, between 5th and 6th Avenues on 35th Street, this moderately priced hotel provides the unique opportunity to have all the conveniences of being in Manhattan without all of the "noise" associated with Time Square. The service is beyond excellent and the staff makes you feel like royalty. The rooms are on the larger side for NYC standards and are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave for storing and warming up leftovers from your favorite NY food sundries. All of NYC best attractions are in walking distance or for those who may need it, a 5-6 dollar(USD) cab ride away. The subway system is right next door to the hotel which will get you anywhere in NYC. So, with all that said, let me give you my 3 top reasons for chosing the Hilton Garden Inn W 35th as a GO TO hotel for a NYC stay:
3. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION- 5-10 minute walk to most of the well known attractions in NYC. ( Time Square, Madison Square Garden, Empire State Building). You can literally throw a rock at Macy's ( with a good aim and some practice :)) The area felt super safe and trendy. Plenty of cabs available to get around the city. We visited NYC Center, Orpheum Theater, Central Park and Columbus Circle and never paid more than $8.00 for a cab (excluding tips), Some of the best food trucks are located in the area as well. This is a great loaction for those chosing not to have a car.
2. Room/Amenities- Although this is not a luxury hotel, it has a comfortable feel that is suitable for the business traveler and or the "single mama"! The hotel is chic and provides a sufficient King sized room for 2 people based on NYC standards. My room was very close to the elevator, but I never heard a thing. Ahh!!! Quiet bliss is definitely a plus. The ESB view room is worth the extra dollars. Breathtaking and also a good conversation piece if you are a history/Architecture buff.
See my pics to get a feel of the room and its comforts.
1. Service!- The staff at this hotel is everything!!! Friendly, accomodating, fun,, just to name a few. I can't say enough about the service. I will say this.... I fractured my knee on the trip on Christmas Eve. ( NOT AT THE HOTEL). RC called the ER and they had me to the hospital (Roosevelt) in no time. The hotel was so cautious of my privacy and went out of their way to make sure that my transition from the hotel to the hospital (ambulance) was quick and safe. Upon arrival back to the hotel, they called to check on me and had extra ice and Aleve sent to the room to ensure I would be comfortable and not have to move around too much. Phil was awesome, and a constant help as I hobbled around on crutches for the first time ever. Tamieka worked diligently to correct a credit card mishap and did not give up until it was resolved. Andrew was my true "Kwon" (referenced from the Movie, Jerry McGuire-pun intended); a manager that made a hotel stay feel like my daughter and I were royalty. The complimentary gourmet jelly beans at the front desk is a delicious addition to such "sweet" service.
Honorable mention goes to the breakfast buffet... $16.95 all you can eat and stocked with yummy delights.
Don't forget to check out the pics!!
This hotel is a keeper!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal Midtown location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street was built in 2009 and is perfectly located in Midtown Manhattan just steps from some of New York's best attractions including the Empire State Building, world-famous Macy's at Herald Square, Times Square, Broadway theaters, Fifth Avenue shopping and Madison Square Garden/Penn Station. Located on West 35th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues, this ultra-modern hotel is close to many restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and New York City’s best shopping. The hotel is walking distance to all major subway lines and is convenient to Jacob Javits Convention Center, Port Authority Bus Terminal, Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.The hotel features 298 newly built, contemporary guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include The Great American Grill (located in the hotel lobby and open daily for breakfast), lobby lounge with flat-screen television, evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th Hotel New York City