“Christmas Bliss in the Gardens!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tampa, Florida
“Christmas Bliss in the Gardens!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hey everybody!!! It's Singlemama Travelista!

This hotel was divine for the Christmas Holidays. It has everything you need for a wonderful NYC stay. Nestled in the heart of Herald Square, between 5th and 6th Avenues on 35th Street, this moderately priced hotel provides the unique opportunity to have all the conveniences of being in Manhattan without all of the "noise" associated with Time Square. The service is beyond excellent and the staff makes you feel like royalty. The rooms are on the larger side for NYC standards and are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave for storing and warming up leftovers from your favorite NY food sundries. All of NYC best attractions are in walking distance or for those who may need it, a 5-6 dollar(USD) cab ride away. The subway system is right next door to the hotel which will get you anywhere in NYC. So, with all that said, let me give you my 3 top reasons for chosing the Hilton Garden Inn W 35th as a GO TO hotel for a NYC stay:

3. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION- 5-10 minute walk to most of the well known attractions in NYC. ( Time Square, Madison Square Garden, Empire State Building). You can literally throw a rock at Macy's ( with a good aim and some practice :)) The area felt super safe and trendy. Plenty of cabs available to get around the city. We visited NYC Center, Orpheum Theater, Central Park and Columbus Circle and never paid more than $8.00 for a cab (excluding tips), Some of the best food trucks are located in the area as well. This is a great loaction for those chosing not to have a car.

2. Room/Amenities- Although this is not a luxury hotel, it has a comfortable feel that is suitable for the business traveler and or the "single mama"! The hotel is chic and provides a sufficient King sized room for 2 people based on NYC standards. My room was very close to the elevator, but I never heard a thing. Ahh!!! Quiet bliss is definitely a plus. The ESB view room is worth the extra dollars. Breathtaking and also a good conversation piece if you are a history/Architecture buff.
See my pics to get a feel of the room and its comforts.

1. Service!- The staff at this hotel is everything!!! Friendly, accomodating, fun,, just to name a few. I can't say enough about the service. I will say this.... I fractured my knee on the trip on Christmas Eve. ( NOT AT THE HOTEL). RC called the ER and they had me to the hospital (Roosevelt) in no time. The hotel was so cautious of my privacy and went out of their way to make sure that my transition from the hotel to the hospital (ambulance) was quick and safe. Upon arrival back to the hotel, they called to check on me and had extra ice and Aleve sent to the room to ensure I would be comfortable and not have to move around too much. Phil was awesome, and a constant help as I hobbled around on crutches for the first time ever. Tamieka worked diligently to correct a credit card mishap and did not give up until it was resolved. Andrew was my true "Kwon" (referenced from the Movie, Jerry McGuire-pun intended); a manager that made a hotel stay feel like my daughter and I were royalty. The complimentary gourmet jelly beans at the front desk is a delicious addition to such "sweet" service.

Honorable mention goes to the breakfast buffet... $16.95 all you can eat and stocked with yummy delights.

Don't forget to check out the pics!!
This hotel is a keeper!

Room Tip: Empire State Building views are fabulous!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Singlemamatravelista
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear singlemamatravelista,

Wow! Thanks for the absolutely amazing review. I'm so happy that you felt our staff members treated you like royalty. I will happily let RC and Andrew know how much you appreciated their helpfulness and dedication to excellent customer service. We are looking forward to your next visit to HGI35!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel is located in the perfect spot; in the heart of midtown. Just a short walk to Bryant Park, Times Square and even Rockefeller Center. I walked to Central Park and beyond and I also walked south to Eataly. I spent 2 days in the City and never had to use public transportation. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. There are microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. The size of our room was very decent for NYC. As a Gold Member, I had free breakfast vouchers and breakfast was great with very good service. From now on, this will be my hotel of choice because of the location and service. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ollie12
Elan B, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear ollie12,

Thanks for the excellent review! I couldn't agree more about our location; it can't be beat! We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC and greatly apprecaite you choosing HGI35. We are proud to be your go-to hotel for all your visits to NYC.
Kusadasi, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very clean, friendly stuff, in the middle of the center. closed to every where.
I definetly advise this hotel. very simple plain decoration. comfurtable beds.closesdd good for shopping area. .........

Room Tip: comfurtable beds
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear gardenkitchen,

Thanks for the great review! We are delighted that you had such an amazing stay and that you would recommend HGI35 to anyone who visits NYC. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am frequently in NYC on business and have stayed at MANY Hilton properties in the city. I really like this hotel for the location, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the rooms. My room had a refridgerator which is really helpful for frequent travelers who tire of always eating out. This hotel is in the heart of Korea-town and is surrounded by many great Korean restaurants. There many other great restaurants within walking distance as well. I also appreciate the easy walk to/from Penn Station - I usually take Amtrak into the city. This hotel is always one of the first ones I check for availability when I'm in the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Andrea W
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Andrea,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that HGI35 is one of your go-to hotels for your frequent visits to NYC. We recognize that you have a choice from a wide range of properties, and greatly appreciate you choosing HGI35. We hope to see you back here soon!
Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Unless you get one of the back rooms, this place is just noisy. There is constant unloading of trucks going on over the road all night. I am not talking about typical NY noise but something extra to make your nights unconfortable. And don't think because you have a high Hilton status you will get one of the back rooms. I am Diamond and the staff almost laughed when I requested one or even to be moved to a high floor (I am used to bad service so that didn't bother me much).

Stayed here twice now but never again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Belgo
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Belgo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry that you found our location to be very noisy. I can assure you that we greatly appreciate our Hilton Honors guests, and hope to have the chacne to prove that to you in the future. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC and greatly appreciate you choosing to stay at HGI35.
Tipp City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was our first time in NYC and we stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We absolutely loved the location of this hotel being right by Herald Square and just a few steps from the subway. Via the subway you're only one stop from Times Square and it only took about 10 minutes to get all the way down to the Statue of Liberty. The hotel itself was very clean, rooms were decent size (for being in a big city), and we always had great customer service. Parking was very easy as well and just one block from the hotel. We had a room on the 25th floor and had a great view of the Empire State Building! We will definitely stay here again when we return to NYC!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsey D
Dear Lindsey,

Thanks for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our property. I'm delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be perfectly located and that you were able to enjoy our unbelivable views of the Empire State Building. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to HGI35 soon!
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at the 35th street location hotel for 3 nights and booked a twin room with city view. Check in was fast and the room was a decent size, really good condition throughout but with a small wardrobe. We were a bit disappointed on the first day with the city view having seen photos from other travellers and our request (submitted at the time of booking) for a view of the Empire State which was on the other side of the building. The next day we changed room to #2403 and had an amazing view of the Empire State. The change was hassle free - we stored our luggage in the security room whilst the room was being made ready and we went out to explore.
The location is perfect for exploring. Just steps away is Herald Square and Macy's and a 5 minute walk to 5th Avenue where many main attractions can be found. We walked Manhattan from 8am to 7pm everyday and the hotel was the perfect base.
We didn't eat at the hotel - there are so many options outside. 2 small beers at the hotel bar cost $11. There are 2 irish bars on the same street which were really good too.
I would really recommend this hotel - value for money and fantastic location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear lostoutthere.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our hotel was the perfect base for all of your siteseeing needs in NYC. I apologize for the mix-up with your room, but I am glad you were evenutally able to enjoy our amazing view of the Empire State Building. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to HGI35 in the near future.