“clean quiet convenient fantastic service”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #78 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Service at this hotel is extraordinary. Alex helped sort out the room that I had thought I booked without any problem and was so nice about it.
Our room wasn't ready at check in but we were there promptly at 3.
Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a south facing room which most of them are. City views from a north facing room aren't...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Gina,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and especially that you found our service to be fantastic! I will definitely let Alex know that you appreciated his help and friendliness. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went here for a NYC Holiday visit. Very nice to have fridge and microwave in room, and pantry in lobby with tv dinner type stuff in case you just can't go out because of weather or illness. Very close to restaurants for a quick bite. No dinner restaurant but breakfast was very good in hotel. Bathroom was roomy, shower was great, beds comfortable. Can't think of anything bad to say about it! It met all our needs.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevators, but no noticeable noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Susan,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC and greatly appreciate you choosing The Hilton Garden Inn/West 35th Street. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel was across from the original Macy's and only a few blocks from Penn Station - about a 35 min Long Island Railroad train ride from JFK. Staff very friendly. Room very clean. I do floor exercises and so appreciate a really clean carpet! My only complaint was that the room lighting was abit dim. Great view from the 24th floor too. Room was small but price was the best in Midtown Manhattan for the location and quality.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Louann,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I couldn't agree more about our location; it can't be beat! I'm happy our floors were clean enough for you to exercise on! I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel the 10 to 12 times per year I'm in NYC. They have and continue to earn my business. Quiet, comfortable and efficient at extremely good value. Perhaps best of all, every member of staff is efficient and extremely pleasant. In summary, professionals in an age of amateurs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear gallerist52,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for the excellent review! I'm so happy to hear that we are your go to hotel and that you appreciate the positve energy of our staff. I will certainly let them know that you appreciate their kindness and helpfulness. I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I usually stay at five star hotels, but since this was a last minute trip and were dealing with a smaller budget for several reasons, we chose the Hilton Garden Inn on W35th St. The hotel was very nice for the price, really great value, and the location could not be beat for anyone there for a real New York experience (sight seeing, broadway shows, etc.) But the thing that made all the difference for my husband and me was the service. The manager himself, who's name was ilan, made sure we had a great room with a view of the Empire State building and he even checked up on us to make sure we were happy with our stay. Honestly, this effort made all the difference, it wasn't only the best service I've had at a Hilton, but truthfully it was better than the service I've experiened at some really upscale hotels (like Ritz Carltons for example)! It's great to know that I can have such a good experience in NY for such a reasonable price and will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Just ask! The staff was very happy to help.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Garden in newyork for three days with my wife and three years old daughter. very nice hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Just one street back to Empire state building. Location is excellent

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Necdet298006,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be convenient. I agree, our location can't be beat! I will let the restaurant staff know how much you enjoyed breakfast! I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our property. I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that I was able to personally play a role in it. I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon!