“Simply put - Stay Here”

Ranked #80 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC
“Simply put - Stay Here”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel the 10 to 12 times per year I'm in NYC. They have and continue to earn my business. Quiet, comfortable and efficient at extremely good value. Perhaps best of all, every member of staff is efficient and extremely pleasant. In summary, professionals in an age of amateurs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear gallerist52,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for the excellent review! I'm so happy to hear that we are your go to hotel and that you appreciate the positve energy of our staff. I will certainly let them know that you appreciate their kindness and helpfulness. I hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I usually stay at five star hotels, but since this was a last minute trip and were dealing with a smaller budget for several reasons, we chose the Hilton Garden Inn on W35th St. The hotel was very nice for the price, really great value, and the location could not be beat for anyone there for a real New York experience (sight seeing, broadway shows, etc.) But the thing that made all the difference for my husband and me was the service. The manager himself, who's name was ilan, made sure we had a great room with a view of the Empire State building and he even checked up on us to make sure we were happy with our stay. Honestly, this effort made all the difference, it wasn't only the best service I've had at a Hilton, but truthfully it was better than the service I've experiened at some really upscale hotels (like Ritz Carltons for example)! It's great to know that I can have such a good experience in NY for such a reasonable price and will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Just ask! The staff was very happy to help.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Garden in newyork for three days with my wife and three years old daughter. very nice hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Just one street back to Empire state building. Location is excellent

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Necdet298006,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be convenient. I agree, our location can't be beat! I will let the restaurant staff know how much you enjoyed breakfast! I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our property. I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that I was able to personally play a role in it. I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Love this place
Close to everything
Can not wait to come back
Room was clean and comfortable complimentary hot chocolate hit the spot after getting back from Rockefeller
Center
Parking is close by
The restaurants are all there and you are right across the street from Macy's
What more could you ask for?
Empire State broadway bars
And eats
We are already planning our
Next trip for the summer

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Richtrom,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thanks for the great review! I'm delighted to hear how much you love our property! I look forward to welcoming you back during the summer and guarantee your next visit will be perfect too.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our 2nd stay at this location. In town for business. Found the front desk to be very friendly and attentive. Room was very clean. Location is excellent. Easy (as NYC can be) to catch a cab right outside the hotel. Subway was on the corner. Plenty of eateries near by. Breakfast was good. Bypassed the in room coffee maker in favor of the coffee available in the lobby, which was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pixiec1
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear pixiec1,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will definitely let the Front Desk Staff know that you appreciated their friendliness. I'm happy to hear that our hotel was convenient for all of your business needs. I hope to welcome you back soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is in a super location on 35th, near 6th Ave. Friendly staff. It has a small but functional lobby with the usual coffee in the morning. Concierge was helpful, but two of his very nearby restaurant recommendations were not so good (they were closed). The room was small, as expected for NYC, but the furniture seen better days in the last century. Not a big deal, but still, expecting more than lots of dents, scratches and lots of marks on the wall too. As this is a narrow hotel, there are about 10 rooms per floor, so not many will go by your room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our hotel was conveniently located for your business needs. We recognize that you have a choice when visiing NYC, and greatly appreciate you choosing The HIlton Garden Inn/West 35th Street. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.