“Would definitely recommend this hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Would definitely recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I actually just stopped to take a look at this hotel so I can recommend it for company that will be coming in to visit. I was greeted nicely by all staff and a very nice young man named Elan was kind enough to give me all the hotel info and what services they provide. He was professional and polite! I cannot say the same when I stopped at a hotel on the same street. Lobby and front area were clean and neat, very centrally located for public transportation to everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask if any rooms have a view of Empire State Building!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear rockygirl510,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review of our hotel. We try and treat each and every person that walks through our doors like we are welcoming them into our home. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is so perfect for the price I can't even write this review in complete sentences, I'm so ecstatic at my stay here.

People at the front desk are intelligent, fast, and know good customer service!
No problems with early check in or late departure!
Entire hotel, from lobby to bar to elevators to rooms to bathrooms: CLEAN!
Fridge! Microwave! Coffee Maker! And everything works!
Extraordinarily comfy mattress. Really, one of the best in the industry... plus soft (new!) linens!
Great showerheads, good pressure for NYC!
Bath and Body Works brand lotion, Neutrogena brand soaps... love that extra touch.
Quiet! Solid windows and walls!
Location is unbeatable for touristy sightseeing and close to metro for business.

I can't comment on parking because I have no idea who rents a car in NYC. The only thing that annoys me about the Hilton brand is that they don't have reservations agents in house, and their call center is, like most call centers, pretty nearly awful. Alas, that's for all Hilton Garden Inns, so I can't fault this particular one for that.

It's such a rarity to have a hotel firing at all five stars... cleanliness, good design, helpful people, comfort, location... AND be economical. Very happy to have found such a place in NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank copy_that
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear copy_that,

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review. We are happy that our hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I will certainly let the rest of our Front Desk Staff know about your kind words. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC, and truly appreciate you choosing our property. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The entire property is 'compact' the elevators are small, the halls are narrow & the rooms are just big enough to fit the furniture. That said- everything is still pretty new, rooms are very clean and they have a small fridge & microwave. The location is great- we stayed over Thanksgiving and had a good view of the parade as it came down 6th Ave. The front desk staff are really great- very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Elan B, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Debbie,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and that you had an excellent view while staying at our property! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our front desk staff and will certainly make sure they are aware of your appreciation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here to attend Macy's Day Parade. Great hotel. Very clean and great location. Easy to get wherever you want to go- subway station right outside the door. Very helpful staff and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Kathy,

Thanks for the great review! I'm delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so helpful, and will definitely let them know. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC, and greatly appreciate you choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/West 35th Street. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
League City, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had to go to New York for business and needed a hotel close to Penn Station. This hotel is located close to several landmarks. My husband went withe me for a mini vacation. The staff was very friendly and the concierge was more than helpful, making reservations, telling us about the shows we were considering and getting a car for us. Main Noodle House is close by and after the recommendation we went there for dinner. It was the best chinese food we've had in a long time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lavita,

Thanks for your excellent review. I'm glad we were able to meet all your needs for both business and vacation travel. I agree that our location is definitely difficult to beat. I will certainly let our front desk staff and concierge know of your kind words. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.
Setauket, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and have not been disappointed. The location is excellent and it is literally around the corner from everything. You can walk to theTheater District, Empire State, Times Square, Penn Station, Macys, MSG, Bryant Park, the NY Public Library etc. Rooms on the higher floors cost more but if you are new to New York the nighttime view of the Empire State Building from your room will be worth the extra $30 or $40. Service is good especially considering the crowded lobby caused by a very small footprint housing 31 floors of 10 or 11 rooms each. But it comes with a drawback. When the hotel is full, as it was this past Thanksgiving getting on one of the three elevators was an adventure. Three elevators for 300 rooms are not sufficient and it is exacerbated by the fact that service staff(housekeeping, luggage) use the same elevators. If you are in a hurry during vacation periods forget about the high floors(stay low-miss the sights) or it will take at least 20-30 minutes to get to the lobby.
For those who are eligible for the breakfast such as Hilton Honors members, it is quite good with omelets made to order, fresh fruit etc. A limited buffet is also available. Restaurant staff is responsive and very pleasant. The halls are quiet, the rooms are clean and the checkin/checkout process is fairly quick even when crowded. Except for the elevator issue, the $300(taxes included) room was worth it compared to other New York Hotels.

Room Tip: High and away from the elevators except during holiday periods.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear naugaman,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Thanks for the excellent review. We greatly appreciate the fact that our property is your "go to" hotel for when you visit NYC. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting New York City, and truly appreciate you choosing HGI 35. I look forward to your next visit!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I totally recommend this hotel. I was looking for a nice, affordable hotel in the Madison Square Garden area and after reading many positive reviews here, I booked a two-night stay right before Thanksgiving. Made the right choice! My room was ready when I arrived, and exactly the type of room I was looking for. Everything inside is super clean, and the rooms are amazingly quiet for a NYC hotel. Very friendly staff. It was my bday weekend and they surprised me with a nice chocolate desert in my room :) The bar in the lobby area is not big but has pretty much every drink you like and yummy appetizers. The location is phenomenal, for those who like visiting, shopping & eating ...like me. I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a few weeks in advance if you can, if you are particular about the type of room you want. I was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diana4444
Dear Diana,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for the great review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to put you into a room that fit all of your preferences. Happy Birthday again! I hope it was a great one. I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and make sure your next stay is perfect as well.