“Great hotel at a decent price, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel at a decent price, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is a few blocks from Penn Station, a few from Times Square, and a couple from the Empire State Building. Great location at a reasonable price.

I received my Hilton Honors benefits without having to ask for them. Check in and check out was speedy. Service at the buffet was super fast and friendly.

The room was a good size for NYC. I had two children with me and it never got cramped. Heating, cooling worked well. The bathroom was up to date and clean. Elevators were speedy. No complaints!

Room Tip: We had a view of the city (towards the Met Life building and Times Square). No traffic noise on the...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Front desk was alert and answer any questions we had. I was happy that they asked for picture ID before giving us the room. I had lost my C/C which was fedx to them and it was there waiting for me, again with photo ID.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is probably one of my favorite NYC Manhattan Hotels. It is more like a boutique hotel with excellent service, contemporary comfortable rooms (albeit smaller - like all NYC hotels), and what not a better location. Just blocks from Times Square, Empire State Bldg, and Grand Central, and one block off Herald Square. Excellent all around! Stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a nice stay the hotel is centrally located so you can walk a lot of places without taking a cab. You can even walk from the train station which is great. The rm was clean and no issues. The only small complaint is the construction in the lobby which I know is going to make it better but when we were there last year there was construction on the outside next door, I know not under their control but still I was surprised when returning this year there was still construction going on. The desk staff and the guest manager tried to do all they could to make it better and that is why I would return and also recommend this hotel to others. The inconvenience is only temporary and should be better when I return for my next visit.( I hope)

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My daughter and I checked into this hotel for one night. It was chosen for its proximity to the bus drop off. After hauling our heavy bags for the couple of blocks from the bus to the hotel, I went to register. It was about noon and the room was not ready yet. I noticed that the gentleman who was checking the couple in beside us was very congenial to them. Their room was not ready either. He offered them water while they were waiting and offered to call when the room was ready. The young woman checking me in was not so gracious. I know I wasn't as polished and pretty after a 5 hour bus ride and the walk to the hotel in the mid day sun, but I didn't deserve the rude treatment I got. I asked if I could have a bottle of water too and was rudely informed that I was "just" a blue honors member and the water was for higher levels only, but if I just had to have water she would give me some. She then snatched two bottles and shoved them at me. I was surprised and tried to explain that when I stayed at the HGI in Times Square as a blue member I was welcomed with open arms and given a gift bag with all kinds of goodies. She brushed me off and went on to the next guest. Location is great, we had a nice room, it was a king, on the smaller side but definitely enough room to maneuver. They are renovating the lobby, so that is a bit confusing right now. The guard who checked our bags was very pleasant though. At 9 am on our checkout day, the maid tried to get in the room, that was a little annoying. As I said, the location is great, but there are a lot of other hotels in the vicinity. I don't believe I would choose this one again because of the rude treatment.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ponchogrl
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

WE enjoyed our Stay at Hilton garden! 10 min walk from Time square, 3 min from Macy's. Subway on the corner of the street. Great Stay there. 35$ parking for 24h, We pay more last time.
Nice location, helpful people & clean room.

Room Tip: Ask for highway floor Room, view of empire state building is incredible
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Hotel is centrally located and about a block away from Macy's.
Room had nice amenities, granite counters in the bathroom, large flat screen, bets were comfortable with nice linens. From the 23rd floor it was very quiet.
The first day I showered and the drain was extremely slow, so the next day I told the front desk. When we returned back to the room from sightseeing, I took a shower and the drainage was perfect. Great service...
My only complaint (not really a complaint) was that there was a cheesy PVC cart/rack with fresh linens parked literally inches from my door (in fact, I missed my room number cause it was blocking it. I notified the front desk at the same time I told them about my drain issue and they apologized and said they would move it. When we returned it was still there so I called the Front Desk, the person apologized but said there was no place on the floor to store linens and that it was approved by Hilton Corp. Not a big deal since it was clean linen, but you would think they would buy a nice stainless rack or something that was more in line with Hilton standards...
Overall totally enjoyed my stay in New York. If you're on vacation look into the "Explorer Pass" not sold in the Hotel, I thought it was totally worth it.