Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Metro(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The Gregory Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Executive Hotel LeSoleil(New York City)
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
5,435 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingherald squarepenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkcity viewaround the cornerfridge and microwavefront desk stafffew blockswould definitely stay here againbryant parkcoffee makercorner roommidtown manhattanhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really had a nice stay and this hotel. It was in a great location downtown New York. I really liked the staff they were friendly and helpful which made my stay that much better. The staff helped me with my map trying to find different things to do and see. I also loved my room it had a great view. Its also very clean and welcoming. I would recommend to anyone heading to NY.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel in two rooms, as we were in NYC with our adult children. We found it to be exactly as advertized and consistent with similar hotels.

Reception was friendly and helpful, and check- in quick and easy. The rooms were more than adequate - not too large, but fine for sleeping in, as in NYC you are not going to spend too much time in them, anyway. The bed was super comfy, and we liked that we could adjust the firmness on each side. I especially enjoyed the wonderful pillows- something you do not find in all hotels of this caliber. The linens were clean and soft and in good shape. The bathroom was fine - clean with more than adequate amenities, and we enjoyed the walk- in glass doored shower. The only thing that would have been nice, would be a bar or ledge for leg shaving, and perhaps a shower head that could be adjusted. My only real gripe in the bathroom, was the location of the toilet rolls - you need super long arms to reach it! Good, forceful hairdryer is provided and the Neutrogena toiletries are a welcome touch. A larger soap bar for the shower/tub would be nice, as it is very small for more than one person.

The black - out curtains are great, and our room, 1109, at the end of the hallway, was quiet at all times and we slept like logs.

Housekeeping was very late doing our room one of the days - but I guess the hotel was very busy that weekend. They were better the following day, and most polite.

I had only two minor gripes, but they are personal, and probably won't affect most folk - firstly, I found the aircon in the lobby way too cold. After being in the heat and humidity of outdoors, I felt as though I was shivering in the Arctic on entering the hotel, and secondly, I had great trouble logging on to the free internet on my phone. I only managed to get on about twice, despite trying all the options and going down to the desk. Not sure why this happened. I would get as far as the agreement, and then there was no place to click to continue.

The kids enjoyed the free eats in the lobby daily, especially the cookies. Nice touch.

The location is superb for Times Square, Macy's and the subway, the Empire State Building etc. It's a good base for NYC and easy to access most places from the location.

All in all, a decent choice,but now that we have seen this part of NYC, we will go elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Room 1109 at the end of the hallway, was quiet with a great view and a walk- in shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Booked through discount site and got a good rate for New York...last week I got booked into the Amsterdam Court for $180 and it was awful...very disappointed..worth about $50 per night....this was very clean and very comfortable...bed actually adjusts from soft to firm..way to go Hilton...
Staff friendly...snack room...they serve breakfast buffet , my only complaint was that the buffet was almost $20...and who can eat that much for breakfast...should have been 14.95 and would not have felt out of line...would stay here again, but just go elsewhere for breakfast.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

As Gold members and loyal to the Hilton chain family - we selected this property that was not listed as a suggested hotel for the trade show we were attending.

Frustrations with our stay here included:

1. Not being able to get to our hotel as the street it is located on was closed for the Heritage Pride Parade. Finally, 6 HOURS LATER at 5:45pm the street was opened and we could park in front to unload our luggage & check in.

2. Got our keys - anxious to get into our room, only to find that after taking the elevator up to the 25th floor, neither key would work in the door. This kept reoccurring every time we left and came back to the room. After the 3rd time of having to take the elevator back down to the desk for a new key, we called from the hallway phone and were told we could come down to the desk and get a new one. This time we refused and told them to send someone up - which they did, but were not happy about. The following morning before going down for breakfast, we first checked to make certain the key would work, which it did. However, after returning to our room an hour later - we ran into the same problem all over again!

3. Director of Rooms (first name - Roger, we believe) could probably either use a vacation himself or a refresher course in customer service skills. The entire time of our stay - he appeared extremely stressed out, which seem to equate to having a very indifferent and unfriendly disposition. Even when we approached him about our reoccurring key situation - there was no apology whatsoever.

Pluses for the hotel include:

Location of hotel with nice view of Empire State Building. Rooms were compact - but clean & quiet. Good water pressure. Hot showers. Breakfast was very nicely done. Service for this area efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Luv2Dine55
Joseph D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hello Luv2Dine55,
Thank you taking time time out of your day to give a review on your recent stay with us. We take alot of pride in meeting & exceeding the expectations of each guest who stays with us so we were sorry to hear about the areas where we fell short. We will use your feedback as training on ways we can better serve our guests in the future..

best regards,
Joe D'Angelo

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I often stay at Hilton Garden Inn properties when i am travelling with work, they are reliable, friendly, and do exactly what they need. The hotel is clean, friendly, (as New Yorkers can be!!) the rooms were recently refurbished and were quite big for a Manhattan hotel. I have stayed in expensive boutique hotels in the city but rarely find them value for money. For me this hotel was good value, convenient location and would definately stay here again.