“Fine hotel, location and value here”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #79 of 468 Hotels in New York City
York, Pennsylvania
“Fine hotel, location and value here”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Of our many visits to New York and stays in various areas, this hotel and location were the best and we will definitely return. On arrival the manager wished my daughter a happy birthay and on arrival in our room there was a lovely pastry and card with greetings. On approaching our 27th floor window we realized we had a magnificent view of the Empire State Building at night. After this everything else was equally fine. The hotel and room were spotless, the lobby coffee, punch, cookies were a delight. The room was a nice size with a large bathroom. The price was much better than what we have previously paid in NYC for much less of an experience. Easy walking to Times Square, Macy's, the High Line, theater, shopping and restaurants were a delightful surprise. Desk personnel were very professional and welcoming. This is what a hotel experience should be in a city as hurried as New York is. By the way the security additions (room card for entry and elevator) were most welcome although it is in a very nice area.

Room Tip: Pay for a city view and opt for a high floor if available. We were next to the elevator and heard n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
We look forward to your future visit.
Happy birthday to your daughter (again), our very best regards and thank you,
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Well located if need to be located near Penn Station. Reasonable proximity to Times Square area. Of modern constuction with fresh feeling rooms. Bathrooms of good size and very clean. Comfortable bed. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
From our location to our staff who delivered friendly, attentive service, I am glad that we can be your choice for future visits.
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had never been to NY before and picked this hotel based on our previous stays st th garden Hilton in Calgay, Alberta and TA reviews. We found it very convenient,the rooms small but very comfortable and quiet. The subway is close and if we could figure out how to use it very good to get around. There was a huge flea market on 6th Ave a block from. The hotel on Sat. Apparently this happens all summer. The concierge was not particularly helpfully and apparenyly though his job was to look good. We would stay here when we come back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for your review.
Please know that your comments are used to enhance our services, product and amenities.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and my very best regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at the Hilton Garden on 35th Street recently. Not being terribly familiar with NYC, we were looking for something with a convenient location, but away from the hustle, bustle and noise of Times Square. This place fit the bill perfectly! The front desk staff and concierge were friendly and very helpful. The location was ideal - walking distance to great shopping, restaurants, Times Square and the theatre district. We spent very little time in our room, but my wife worked out every morning and really enjoyed the facilities. We were very happy with the Hilton Garden Inn, and will definitely stay there again on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I travel to NYC all the time for work and alway choose to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are big and spacious, and with only 10 rooms per floor, it's always so quiet, no long hallways with loud people keeping me up at night. Everything is within a block or two!! There is a subway on the corner, and Herald Square and Macy's are across the street. A 24-hour Duane Reade is also around the corner, a PAX whole foods store, McDonald's, Starbucks, a nail salon and Keen's Steakhouse - all within a block! I walk from the Amtrak at Penn Station, which is just a few short blocks and one avenue away - so convenient! The people who work there are super friendly & accommodating. I sometimes leave my luggage after I checkout, and they make that process so easy. On one business trip I decided to stay in a "fancier" hotel nearby and checked out after just one night to go to my mainstay Hilton Garden Inn where I am always comfortable. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I prefer higher rooms - but all are great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank coleen a
We look forward to your future visit.
Our very best regards and thank you again,
Hunter, New York, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've stayed here - it's pretty nice. Clean and convenient.

HHonors members - be forewarned - if you have any issues with hotel policies, Hilton CANNOT help you. Even if you are brand loyal.

My assistant made a reservation incorrectly after the cancellation time.
They WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY - even if you call immediately as i did.
They rescheduled me for the next night - AT A HIGHER RATE. I went on and saw the reservation after my customers confirmed they couldn't meet me the next night. I cancelled the reservation online... There was NOTHING that led me to believe that i could not.. AND I WAS CHARGED!!!

I've drained my HHonors account and I WILL NEVER use this hotel chain again - and my team will not either.. I'm done with this chain.. Corporate will NOT HELP YOU!

So please beware...

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Doug C
Winter Garden, FL
Reviewed June 20, 2013

It's a new building in a central location with a subway station less than 200 ft from the hotel. Safe neighborhood. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Very goog breakfast buffet. Helpful staff. Comfortable room, clean bathroom. free wi-fi in the room. Definitively will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered the friendly, attentive service that we are known for. Be kindly advised that your comments will be shared with the staff and know that comments such as yours propel us to become even better customer service providers.