Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Metro(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The Gregory Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Executive Hotel LeSoleil(New York City)
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
5,437 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingherald squarepenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkcity viewaround the cornerfridge and microwavefront desk stafffew blockswould definitely stay here againbryant parkcoffee makercorner roommidtown manhattanhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Close to Times Square, Korea town, fashion district, Empire State Building, shopping, parks and restaurants!
The hotel is clean with a business center, self serve store (each room has microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers), a fitness center, a restaurant for breakfast and lunch and a bar from 6pm to 11pm (great for happy hour or night cap).
The rooms are small, but not the smallest I've seen in NY. The Europeans will think they are big!
Most of the rooms have a view of the Empire State Building. I found the room pretty quiet considering other hotels where I've stayed on main streets.
Finally, the price. VERY affordable for New York City!

Room Tip: the higher up, the quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MelodiR
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered the friendly, attentive service that we are known for. Be kindly advised that your comments will be shared with the staff and know that comments such as yours propel us to become even better customer service providers.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Honestly, what's so good about picking a Hilton/Hampton/Holiday Inn is that you know what you get. This is no exception! Clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff.

We stayed for four nights and had a city view room on the 23rd floor. Although it's quite high up you could still hear the bustling traffic from downstairs at ALL HOURS of the night. I'm a light sleeper and this bothered me a little, but it's only to be expected in this kind of location.

The room is small (as always in NYC) but has everything you need such, even a microwave and mini fridge that come in handy! The view is really something, and for me who loves shopping, the location was THE BEST! Just across the road from Macys, with Victorias Secret/GAP/Forever21 just a block away. Couldn't be better! :) I also enjoyed the free wifi and Neutrogena toiletries supplied.

I just wished that the hotel would include breakfast. They offer a buffet for $17.95 or a continental brekkie for $9.95 which can hardly be worth the price. We went to a diner kind of place, Andrew's, on the corner of 35th and 7th which was pretty good. Seems more like a local hangout rather that your average tourist place.

Another downside is that the ac was playing up a little, it's was difficult to set it at a decent temperature no matter what we did. Mind you, coming in from the freezing cold weather it was quite nice when it was warm :)

All in all, I would definitely stay again if I got a good price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here as a family in a 2 double bedded room (both beds were only standard doubles so would be a squeeze with 2+ 2 children) during our weeks stay in New York. It was reasonably priced in comparison to other hotels we looked at. It is in a good location just around the corner was Macy's and the Empire State Building. It was a quick walk to diners for breakfast or to get to Times Square. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel preferring to eat at diners. Any negatives were minor, we asked for non-feather pillows as we are allergic and had to make do with 3 polyester ones that were under the feather ones and weren't supplied extra towels for our daughter until we asked for some. We were on the 29th floor but there was still some traffic noise, definitely ask for the highest floor available, also some building work was happening next to the hotel which made the entrance to the hotel not look very appealing. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for highest floor available to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. It was an excellent location for shopping and sights. There is a subway entrance right in front of the hotel. We were able to book the room we wanted, but even though the hotel was almost at capacity they were able to accommodate our requests. The staff was great. This is by no means the Ritz, but it is a clean, spacious (for NYC), comfortable beds, solid amenities, and great location. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!! (Ritz style...)
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
We look forward to your future visit.
Our very best regards and thank you again,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights over the President's Day Weekend. The hotel was an ideal location for exploring the sights. We were close to Empire State, Rockefeller, Times Square and subway lines. The breakfast was plentiful. We appreciated the refridgerator in our room so we could store snacks and beverages. Our bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was helpful and answered quesions for us which enhanced our trip - especially the transportation advice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
From our location to our staff who delivered friendly, attentive service, I am glad that we can be your choice for future visits.