“Great location”

Ranked #79 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, WA
“Great location”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at HGI Herald Square. It has a great location! Right by the subway, Javitz Convention Center and Macy's I appreciated the hand sanitation stations they have in the lobby. Warm cookies are always nice to enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the comments regarding your last visit with us.
Although we can not prevent the constructions going on and around our city, I am glad to know that you were satisfied with your accommodations, our location and our staff who is prepared and equipped to provide any assistance to make your stay even more comfortable.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our property whenever your plans bring you back to NYC.
My best regards,
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ontario
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We liked that this hotel was walking distance to many major sites while being a little further out of the noise and congestion of Times Square. The room was quite large compared to other NYC properties I've seen and it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay.
Thank you again and my very best regards,
NY
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great hotel, great service, perfect mid-town location just far enough from Times Square so you don't feel smushed. You won't find a nicer staff anywhere. They even have a free jelly bean dispenser for the kids at check-in and check-out. The concierge was amazingly helpful. Best of all we had a flat-out terrific view of the Empire State Building from the 26th floor.

A free breakfast would have been nice, even just a continental-- but there are dozens of less expensive choices just outside your door.

Room was spacious and hip, nice toiletries, good workout space. Perfect place for couples, singles, and families. Honestly, this has become a new favorite hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor with a view of the Empire State Building!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel is central and within walking distance to all the major sites, Macys is on the doorstep, Empire State Building a block away and a subway on the corner. The staff were very welcoming, warm and friendly throughout our visit. The room was large and had a microwave, coffee maker, plenty of space to store our belongings and a large bathroom. On the 23rd floor, we had a view and our room was serviced daily by staff who were most helpful. The hotel was very quiet with no disruptions to sleep. Both check-in and check-out were dealt with quickly by John, Giorgio and Marisia, whilst Philip stored our cases on our last day. There was a large selection of hot drinks available in the Lobby throughout the day. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and warm professionalism of the staff and would stay again when visiting New York.

Room Tip: We wanted a room with a bath tub and got one on the 23rd floor. We were at the back of the hotel whi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a good value for NYC based on its location and being clean and affordable. I stay at this hotel when I'm in town for business with no family with me and I'm focused on work and nothing else. If your in town with the family there are better hotels and better areas of the city to stay.
The rooms are rather small, but that is what you get for this price
The pax deli right around the corner is a good option for breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you kindly for your review. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered the friendly, attentive service that we are known for. Be kindly advised that your comments will be shared with the staff and know that comments such as yours propel us to become even better customer service providers.
I/we look forward to welcoming you back.
My very best regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been a guest a few times and I have never been disappointed with the room or the hotel staff. It's prime location makes it easy to get to any part of Manhattan. The room accomodations are excellent from the quality of the bedding and mattress to the helpful staff. The lobby has a quiosk that will help you check-in with your airline before you depart for the airport. I thought the hotel offered a great breakfast which I enjoyed the day arrived but unfortunately the remainder of my stay keep me very busy and I wasn't able to eat breakfast there again. The lobby always has hot coffee in the mornings and hot chocolate and chocolate cookies later in the day. I'm looking forward to my next visit to New York and my next stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view above the 15th floor. The views are spectacular. I took lots of beautif...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

at 35th and 6th this is a great location for your visit to Manhattan. Subway access is just a couple hundred feet from the hotel entrance. You can get there from JFK with one transfer. We had a king room, regular size. The table and chair for your laptop and internet connection are at the foot of the bed, making it a hassle for someone else to walk by. But this seems to be a typical hotel design problem. The shower is superb--glassed in with high shower head to accommodate tall people, and good water pressure. At the time we visited, the price was very reasonable and perhaps a little lower due to the construction on the street nearby--it was noisy during the day if your room was low and streetside.

Room Tip: Probably worth it to pay a little extra for high floor and view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple