“Excellent stay”

Ranked #75 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chester, New Jersey
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the NYC college unified auditions. My son had auditions in various parts of the city. This was the perfect location. The hotel is very, very nice. Spotless rooms with excellent housekeeping services. The halls are quiet at night and the doors do not slam shut, unlike the Holiday Inn on 57th we had stayed at a couple of weeks earlier. The beds are very comfortable. Check in was great. Breakfast at the restaurant was wonderful. The wait staff could not be more friendly! By the second morning, they knew exactly what we wanted and saw to our every need! I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to being a guest there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that we offered you nothing less than a 5 star stay!!!
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please know that it will be shared with my staff.
Hilton Garden Inn / West 35th Street

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in February 2013. I booked a King room, and was allocated one on the 5th. floor of the hotel. I tried to check in a couple of hours early, but as the hotel was fully booked, I had to wait a couple of hours - not a problem in this location, as there are plenty of Irish bars inside a few minutes walk.
Upon checking in, I opted to use my HHonors Gold status to get complimentary breakfasts for my stay. I was issued a voucher for each day, and this represented a daily $16.95 saving. On this subject, the breakfast service offered tea, coffee and juices, cereals, waffles, bagels, pancakes, yoghurt, fresh fruit, and a selection of hot sausages, bacon, eggs, French toast etc. There is something for everyone! I was also given a bag containing two bottles of water, and a small cereal bar.
The hotel was built in 2009, and its recency shows. The room was extremely clean, and the en suite offered a shower cubicle with a glass partition and fixed shower head. Hair-drier was in a bag behind the door. Back in the bedroom, two large mirrors also increase the spacious feel. The wardrobe had plenty of wooden hangers, and a small complimentary digital safe (a little small for a laptop). Alongside this was a microwave, coffee peculator and fridge (not mini bar). Next was a good sized writing desk and a comfy chair. A suitcase stand was also provided. The room had an A/C unit which worked well, although was a little noisy. Two bedside tables held the phone, and the alarm clock. The bed itself had 4 lovely pillows, and was of the memory foam type. I found the bed and duvet to be very comfortable. The good sized TV provided a wealth of HD channels as well as pay view offerings. The 'killer app' was the ability to load my Android (iPhone also supported) phone with an application which explained the hotel and surrounding area, and could also control your room TV!
Aside of my room, I used the business centre (4 PCs and a colour printer), but didn't make the gym which was also on site. A small bar at the front, and a 24 hour pantry shop complete the amenities.
All the staff were very polite and friendly, and I had a very enjoyable stay.
If I had to make one criticism, it would be frequent long waits for the elevator, and no floor displays as to where they were on any floor except the Lobby.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Less street noise in the higher rooms - but that's obvious when in Manhattan!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jim255
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We look forward to your future visit.
Our very best regards and thank you again for a great detailed description of our property, services, amenities and product!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in Jan-Feb 2013 on a business trip. Our travel admin booked it and I wasn't expecting much except value for money, so it was a very pleasant surprise. Check-in was good, breakfast was good and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Internet access was complimentary and fast.

The best thing about this hotel is its location. I was stunned, I thought we would be in the middle of nowehere, but Macy's was at the end of the street, and the Empire State and Times Square were literally five minutes walk. We also walked to USS Intrepid in about 15 minutes and there's a subway station one minute away. Absolutely unbelievable for a hotel at this price level.

The only negatives were:
* at busy times you might have to wait five minutes for the lift (elevator)
* one morning there was a shortage of hot water and I had to have a rather chilly shower, which certainly woke me up!

Room Tip: Rooms round the back don't have much of a view - just an alleyway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PhilC59
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We appreciate that you noticed our outstanding service, the cleanliness of our product and our favorable location. Your comments are very much appreciated and we will most certainly address any issues to better service all of our guests in the future.
Please know that your comments will be shared with my staff.
Bizkaia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We spent just one night but was the right chioce. There was a issue with the lifts, as two were out of order, but apart from this the stay was perfect. Double twin room for 3 at a very nice Price. Service was great and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ChechuZ
Thank you kindly for your review.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Please know that we take your comments seriously and they are used to improve our amenities, services and accommodations.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us and my very best regards,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was in NYC for 2 days for work. I had several hours free for sightseeing also. I arrived at the hotel expecting a small rundown hotel as i did not pay much for the room and NYC hotel rooms are. Notoriously small. Instead it was modern, clean and the room was large and i even had a view of the empire state! Breakfast was fine and the staff were very helpful thanks so much i will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Elliotbows
Marcio A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Our very best regards,
Salisbury, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel looks practically new. everything was very clean and well kept. the staff was very friendly. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have experienced in a hotel. It is in the center of the flower district and within walking distance of Grand Central Station and Madison Square Garden. The maids did a wonderful job keeping the room clean. I will be sure to stay here again!!! The only negative I might say is the room was a little small but, it met my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank madresam
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Biggest "pro" is the location, the anxious-to-please front desk staff, and for lucky us, an absolutely spectacular view (31st floor looking at the Met Life Bldg). Biggest "con" is the room size but that's not unusual for New York. I also found the towels to be too thin and the linens to be abrasive. But other than that the place and people were lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple