“Great location, nice new hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Ranked #87 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Overall a really nice property. Good value for New York City room standards. Rooms slightly smaller than at other Hilton Garden Inn locations, but remember this is NYC where space is at premium. Hotel does a good job maximizing all available space. Beds were extremely comfortable and the refrigerator and microwave was a nice touch. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is an ideal location convenient to Broadway, next to Macy's and Empire State Building, would stay here again for these reasons alone. Slight drawback to staying here was some street noise with trash trucks making a lot of noise at 6 .m., but again it's New York City. Best advice is to ask for a room away from the West 35th Street side and also on an upper floor if you are very noise sensitive. Also not crazy about the bathroom set up, very small with just a walk in shower, but still efficient. Will still here again as location simply cannot be beat!

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors will have better views and less street noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Hotel is very centrally located in midtown Manhattan, and a metro station is just steps away. Rooms were average but beds are very comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. Would recommend for a reasonably priced room with good access to various sights, activities, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Being a Road Warrior, I thought I'd seen it all, but today I had a great surprise. There are some hotels that do still care. I love this hotel, not just because it's all you expect from Hilton - clean, comfortable well furnished; not just because of its location - it doesn't get any better, but because of the staff. Friendly, attentive and anxious to please. Thank you Tammy O'Conner and all the staff for a wonderfully warm reception. You are my new home in NY.

If you are thinking of staying mid town, look no further. This is the place to stay

Room Tip: I stayed in 2605. Incredible view of Empire State Building.
2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is an excellent, newly renovated hotel with great staff who truly care. I have a gluten (wheat) allergy and they made sure there was gluten-free bread and English muffins available for me! All of the other hotels I stay at just tell me "oh well" when I ask for gluten-free bread. I will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it. Happy travels!

Room Tip: higher floors have less street noise
Reviewed April 8, 2012

...this hotel worked out fine for my business travel. The location is just a block from the Empire State building and within two blocks of most subway lines. My business meeting was at Times Square so the walk up Broadway or Ave of the Americas each day was nice. Hotel room was clean and quite as I did not hear any other guests. The elevator was a little slow but the hotel was packed so to be expected.

I would stay here again if I could get a little better rate. Next time I will search for other properties up/down one of the subway lines as stops are convenient to all downtown locations.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We just returned today from a five day stay at HIG 35th. I have nothing but good things to say about my stay and I am very picky. The cleaning staff is top notch. I usually have to go behind housekeeping and clean but I did not have to lift one finger at this hotel. We stayed on the sixth floor (rm 601) right next to the elevator and did not have one complaint. Our room was spotless. The entire staff was helpful and friendly. My husband and I frequented the bar every night, our bartender, Sean is very very friendly. We looked forward to talking to him each not. I kinda miss the dude. Concierge was very helpful. The restaurant food is very good as well. The hotel is walking distance to Times Sq. and around the corner from McDonald's. It's actually located near everything. I did not go into the Macy's Dept Store because I thought it would be a bit overwhelming for me, but there is lots of shopping nearby. Starbucks coffe located on 34th street. We at at Bravo Pizza one night which was delish, I think they're at 36th & 37th. Had an overall awesome experience at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

From the great location, to the clean room, the beautiful view, to the friendly staff, what's not to like about the Hilton Garden Inn on West 35th? I wish I could find something to critique about this hotel but I can't. We had a beautiful room on the 31st floor with a view of the Empire State Building to the left and Macy's to the right. Every need I brought to the staff from the front desk, to the concierge, to the housekeeping staff was courteously and quickly taken care of. A nice plus is the adjustable beds. I also enjoyed the same high-quality Hilton sheets I've found it every Hilton property I've ever stayed at. If you have an AT&T data plan you also get free AT&T Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, etc. at this hotel. I wish I had found this little gem a few years ago. This was my first stay at this property but it definitely will not be my last.

A few notes about the area, This hotel is an extremely short walk from Macy's flagship store at Herold Square. There is a subway entrance within a few steps of the hotel entrance. In New York City you can go anywhere on the subway. This hotel is only one subway stop from Times Square and the Theater District. My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic evening meal across the street at Brennan's. There certainly is no lack of good places to eat in the area.

Stayed: April 2012