Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Metro(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The Gregory Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Executive Hotel LeSoleil(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
5,438 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingherald squarepenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkcity viewaround the cornerfridge and microwavefront desk stafffew blockswould definitely stay here againbryant parkcoffee makercorner roommidtown manhattanhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2012

When we arrived here the location and hotel was very unassuming, after having spent 4 nights earlier in the week in Times Sq itself. But once we got to our rooms all that changed.
This place has the feel of a smell hotel. Check-in was painless - we asked for a nice view and we got more than we bargained for. A room on the 31st floor overlooking Empire State and Macy's. The hotel has been refurbished and everything is spotless. The microwave came in handy when we ate in. Just a few blocks south of Times Sq but still a buzzing part of the city. Across the road from Macy's(shop till you drop) and countless other stores. Herald Sq was a lovely surprise(little park with tables to watch people go by, the bell tolled every hour).
Peter the consierge was amazing. Helped with places to eat and things to do.
The room was a little cramped but not a problem as we spent most of the time out in the city. Extremely comfy beds and showers and bathroom amenities.
Also literally out the front door is the subway to get to anywhere in NYC - very convenient. Walking distance to Curry Hill and the many eateries.
The continental breakfast was also very reasonable ,convenient and hearty. Just enough to get you started in the morning.
Overall an amazing stay in a more afforable hotel, in a top location. Its high rating on TA is justifiable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 30-31st floor overlooking Macys, Empire State and Herald Sq are breathtaking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel two times in the last year. It's location could not be better. If walk out of the hotel, turn right and walk about 50 ft, there is a subway entrance. Perfect. There are also plenty of bodegas around.

The front desk staff is incredibly nice and welcoming. We arrived before check in both times and rooms were ready for us. Every interaction with staff was top notch.

I've only stayed in the king corner rooms, which are slightly larger, but still smaller than any room outside of NYC. The rooms have a small fridge and a microwave and a nice sized desk for working as well as plenty of outlets on the desk for your gadgets.

I found the bed to be comfortable. It was a firm bed, but I like that so I had no issues. The bathroom, while nicely appointed with tile, could use a re-design. The shower head is great but the glass enclosed shower doesn't have any ledges for shampoo, etc. I had to keep everything on the floor at the back of the shower. One minor flaw was that in order to open or close the door while in the bathroom, you had to either straddle the toilet or stand next to it. There wasn't enough room to open the door normally.

We had one minor incident the first year we stayed there. A man tried to enter our room in the wee hours of the morning. He was trying for the room next door, and he was drunk. We had to call security. They were very prompt.

My only major complaint about the hotel is that the wi-fi was unusable due to it's incredibly slow speeds.

This is a decent mid priced hotel in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Book through the Hilton website for a great price on room upgrades.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SWFAN
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Some friends and I stayed at this hotel in February 2012 and loved it. Some of the benefits include:
*Accessibility to public transit
*Proximate location to all points in Manhattan
*Comfortable beds and quality linens
*Fairly sizable rooms
*Great customer service

Overall, without hesitation, I'd stay at this location again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cascader503
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Yes, that's what I said, so for dinner it is eat out or room service. The restaurant is open for breakfast. Not lunch either when I was there Feb 15-19 2012
The location is great, near Times Square, Empire State Building, good central location for
shopping and site seeing. Room was clean and good size for NY.
Just hard to give it more than three stars when after a 18 hour flight, just don't want to start
searching for a place to eat just want to sit and relax. Concierge was helpful when asked for information. I would recommend the hotel in spite of three stars.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on the optional upgrade if booking from the Hiltion site. The room I got was standard and even though I paid a few extra dollars for a possible upgrade standard queen was more than enough. There is little chance of a upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel this past weekend. The location was wonderful.

Short walk everywhere we wanted to go. The walk up Broadway to Time Square took 5 -10 minutes, depending on your pace. I was attending a conference at the Javitz Centre and thought I would grab a cab. THe concerige adviced me to walk. 20 minutes and I was there.
We had 2 adjoining rooms, which wrapped around the elevators. We notice no noice from the elavators. These rooms didn't offer the Empire State building view (they were on the other side of the building), but we could see part of the Chrysler building.

We did drive in to NYC so we used the hotel garage, which is a public lot. We pulled up to the hotel, and they informed us that the parking was on 36th st. Traffic was very heavy, and we had to drive up to 8th to make a right hand turn to get over to the garage. This took us 20 minutes in the traffic. I wish there website explained this on the driving directions! I wasn't pleased.

We had arrived at 1 pm and our room was not ready, so they were very professional about storing the package, and offered to lock up our lap tops. Well done.

I will definitely stay and this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family