loved the hotel as far as general vibe and rooms, although small the room we had, standard king had a great view of the skyline and some of the river from the 15th floor. The gym was the best I have used in any hotel and equipment was state of the art and very clean. The location was great for our needs as we wanted to be close to the village and also get some walking in, we walked to times square for breakfast most days and started our adventures from there, the chelsea markets are a street away and had the only decent coffee we could find so was great. The bathroom concept is hilarious and I wouldnt recommend staying if you were shy about showering or getting ready in full view of your partner however no stress for us.
one down side and <i did see this mentioned in several reviews before we stayed was feeling very much second rate to the night club, quite often we got id^d coming into the hotel (great feeling at $600 a night to get asked time and time again for id by the same bouncer) so felt a massive disconnect from the staff and very much second class citizens. Not too worried about it but is important to note, as having travelled extensively all over the globe this is the worst yet.
The roof top bar is amazing but on the beautiful day we went up there there were no seats available and it was full of non hotel guests again, a bit dissapointing but NY is crammed with amazing venues so no real stress to find somewere elese to spend our holiday dollars. Over all we may stay again as the room, the location and the view were great but would have to be a good deal to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City