The Standard is a great hotel, in the meat-packing district, which appears to be an up-and-coming area of the city. Being from Central NY, I find this part of the city less stressful to drive in, compared to uptown. It was only a few blocks from the Holland Tunnel and easy to get to with a GPS. Take the valet parking($55?). Well worth it. You don't need your car once you are there as you can walk or take the train anywhere.
The hotel was new, very clean and staff was attentive and friendly. Room has floor-to-ceiling windows and there are warnings not to leave your drapes open at night as it becomes a fishbowl! We were in Room 1203, which had a nice view of the Hudson on our left and straight ahead, the Empire State Building. We stayed in a king room. The shower has a glass window panel that separates it from the bed, so beware that you are showering in front of anyone who is sleeping in the bed next to you! Separate toilet with closing door. i didn't see any other rooms so don't know if they are all like that.
Fully stocked refrigerator and shelves with snack items as well(although we did not take anything as they are pricey). Elevator has an interesting video collage of Heaven and Hell in these built-in niches on 2 walls. As you ascend, it becomes Heaven, as you descend, it becomes Hell. Different. I'm not sure if I liked that. Just my personal opinion.
We ate downstairs in the Standard Grill Restaurant(make reservations) and the food was amazing! Try their famous Penny Drop drink-Yum!
Overall, the hotel was very nice. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City