We just recently stayed at the Standard for a quick get-away to NYC. We arrived a little early but were able to check in and they even upgraded us (without our even asking). The room was amazing - views of the Hudson River and down to the Statue of Liberty. The room had a wrap-around banquette across from the bed which was a nice touch. The TV was mounted to the floor right in front of the windows which was odd since it blocked part of the view. The bath was split on either side of the room as you walked in, with the shower/bath tub on one side (with a great louvered window to see the view) and the sink and toilet on the other side. I understand set up design-wise but it wasn't all that practical since the sink area was very small and the shower area had no door so water ran onto the carpet.
We went to the lounge at the top of the hotel for a drink and snacks before the theatre (love the elevator art installation). It was retro-fun with a wonderful view (take your sunglasses). It was nice but a little chaotic - it felt like they didn't have the seating plan down yet. It is set up like a lounge so the tables were jumbled and and the wait staff kept pushing us to one side or the other trying to decide what table we were sitting at. Service was anything but invisible which was distracting. The menu was limited but nice.
We had never stayed in the Meatpacking district before so weren't sure what to expect. We were really interested in seeing the HIgh Line and this was a great way to experience it. The park is beautiful - they did a phenomenal job on the design and details. The whole area was packed with shops and restaurants and had a really good energy. Access to subway and taxis was good so we could get around the city easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Agoda so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City