“The most trendy and sexy hotel i've ever stayed at!!!!”

The Standard, High Line
Ranked #150 of 468 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“The most trendy and sexy hotel i've ever stayed at!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I went with my boyfriend and the minute we walked in we couldnt stop gushing over the hotel. Everything was perfect!!! I highly Recommend this hotel for couples. Cant wait to go back :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Best service of any hotel I'd experienced. Very well-trained staff - attentive, very generous (FREE DRINKS! See below), always a step ahead of you, without being fussy (I despise sycophantic service elsewhere--uncomfortable!). Great location, too.

I couldn't formally check-in as the reservation was under my partner's name -- he was on a later flight, due in about 4 hours. But the lady at the concierge made me feel at home immediately, arranging for the porter to stow my suitcases and loaning me a plug adaptor so I could use my laptop.

She also moved me to the adjacent lounge/café, introduced me to the bubbly young hostess there, who she instructed to make sure my drinks were "on the house". I was blown away by their foresight in this matter; I certainly wouldn't be using their wifi to grumble about the wait on TripAdvisor. I had two of their house cocktails -- a mojito and a kir-like drink. Wanting to reciprocate on their generosity and try the menu -- I'd heard great things about The Standard Grill -- I had their amazing Club Sandwich, which was perfection, arriving with a fresh salad and mini condiment jars.

The standard double room was small, as others have griped, but the fabulous modern furniture, mod/minimal design, and floor-to-ceiling windows made it feel airy.

Those who gripe about room size need to consider the service -- this a great reminder that you pay for the experience, not just square footage (in NYC, at that).

One more note: Breakfast. While not included, the restaurant has a great breakfast menu at very reasonable NYC prices and a great atmosphere; I would much prefer my $10 brioche-french-toast with caramelized bananas, walnuts and maple syrup over a generic spread any time! My partner had a cheese and cured-meats board, and perfectly poached eggs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel is my new favourite hotel in New York City. Situated in West Village with its unique design, all the rooms facing either the harbour or the city with floor-to-ceiling windows resulting in a spectacular view, very trendy people and close to most things in west Midtown and Lower Manhattan.

The room I had was the smallest one, but still not too small. The bed was truly comfortable. Only downside the first day was that the vanity kit and some bathroom items had not been replaced prior my check-in. This was quickly corrected though.

Breakfast is available at a wonderful French style bistro at the hotel. I do recommend a visit to the bistro even if it's only for a cup of coffee.

Hotel highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Westampton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 20, 2010

If you looked up "cool hotel" in the dictionary, The Standard's picture would be next to the definition. From the doorman to the front desk to the guests, it looks like you've entered a trendy club instead of a hotel. To accentuate that point, when we checked in Friday night, it sounded like we were in the middle of the dance floor. However, when we got to our room, we had the quiet that we wanted. The room looked liked it hopped off the pages of an interior decorating magazine. Coolest part had to be the see-thru shower in the middle of the room (not for the shy). Also had a great view of the Hudson from one window and the Empire State Building from the other. Outside of no real parking around the hotel (Jeep got towed but that's a whole other story), I don't have any complaints and would recommend it highly.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I was able to stay at The Standard in the old Meat Packing District and it was an awesome stay. It was a fantastic location, well within walking distance to some of the best that Chelsea has to offer. Nightlife was a constant buzz at the Biergarten and restaurants. Remarkable views from my room, all the elevator banks, the 18th floor lounge... best of which was actually in the work out room!

Individual room was rather spacious for NYC, and very functional. Full ceiling to wall window allows great views out... and apparently in (check out stories on the net, and management left a note for patrons to be aware). Functional working area. Big King bed. Large flat panel TV with the BEST arts channels (8+?) EVER. Funky video in the elevators gives a Cirque meets Alice in Wonderland feel.

Would definitely return... especially to rent one of those awesome bikes and get around Manhattan up close and personal.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
cambridge
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I've just returned and missing the bed already! Had heard good reviews but the hotel surpassed them all. From the moment I arrived to when I left at 5.15 am this morning, all the staff were totally professional, courteous and so friendly. I am early 50s and met up with my daughter who is an intern in NY. She wanted me to stay somewhere 'happening' and I was a bit dubious because I like my comfort, sleep, quiet etc. and when I arrived, outside the hotel was buzzing with crowds of young, hip, new yorkers - I thought there goes my restful break!!! But I was wrong. Once in my room (11th floor) I couldn't hear a thing (and rarely heard any other guests either) and I never felt 'out of place' - the staff made everyone feel welcomed. We had a Kingsize room which had a fabulous view of the Empire State Building and the bath was big enough for 2 without touching!!! The location of the Standard is super, within easy walking distance of SoHo, Chelsea and the Meat Packing (or MePa if your hip!!) area has so many really good, reasonable places to eat and drink. I spent a few hours one afternoon just sitting in the sun watching the crowds at Bagatelle (night club in the day!!!) and felt entirely safe, happy and relaxed. So many people just sat chatting to me passing the time of day, it was such a good vibe. We had drinks in the 18th floor bar which has awesome views and although expensive is a must. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for all travellers as the rooms are expertly designed to give maximum comfort in small spaces. Well worth paying a bit extra to have so many great places on your doorstep.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 11, 2010

If you are going to NYC and plan on exploring the Meat Packing District, then this is THE place to stay! Right above the High Line and surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Probably not the best place for a family but perfect for a couple. Our room with floor to ceiling windows and covering the entire width of the room had fantastic views over the Hudson, Downtown, Jersey City and the Statue of Liberty.