ABSOLUTELY loved The Standard NY. I've stayed in both the LA Standard hotels with work and thought for my trip to NY I would try the New York one: it didn't disappoint. Innovative decor (and dreamlike elevator video was entrancing) and having floor to ceiling windows was amazing for a visitor to NY.
I especially loved the super deep bath with a window through to the room to watch TV after a day pounding the pavements! As I was alone for a few days in NY, it was so nice to come back to a beautiful room every night. I think I would have been rather depressed in an average hotel. Such good value for money- don't put up your prices when you get really popular!
Just amazing. I would live at The Standard if I could. Modern and trendy and quirky without being pretentious- the staff were all really helpful and friendly, and knew where the great places to go are eg Vintage shopping and Frueza Brutal that I can imagine a lot of hotels wouldn't tell you about. Great location- right next to Diana Fustenberg's studio and not far from Bleaker St which I loved. Even the room service guys would stand and have a chat about your day. Food amazing at The Grill too- I remember the brioche from the LA Standard and was really chuffed to see it again!
All I want to know is- where did you get the kissing dogs salt and pepper shakers- so so cute.
Thanks so much, I fell in love with NY and this hotel. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my stay and am already planning to come back and stay again with my boyfriend for my 30th Birthday next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City