Based on location, hipness and fun criteria, this is probably one of the top hotels in NYC, deserving an "excellent" rating. Viewed from a quality of service and hotel amenities angle, then the hotel is just average for the price. Although this is not a family hotel, my wife and teenage kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The rooms are small but stylish/hip (may not be the most stylish of the hip hotels in town) but offer great views of NYC.
Some service issues: Our rooms were not ready when we checked in until 5pm (more than 90 minutes of wait) and room service was extremely slow (taking more than an hour). Offering the breakfast at no charge was a meagre consolation. On the other hand, the Top of the Standard is a great destination for high quality bites and drinks with a live jazz band and amazing views of NY skyline and sunset. The Standard Grill is a charming place for breakfast.
Overall a great choice for people who want to experience the buzz of this great city, less so for people who want to spend extended time in their hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, MrandMrsSmith and Odigeo so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City