We just left the Standard Highline and it was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Perfect decor, great restaurants, outdoor patio was great for drinks, and the rooms are so cool.
We had a corner king room with a huge bathtub and perfect view of the Empire State Building flashing it's lights all night to watch from the bed.
The only glitch was the snooty restaurant at the top floor. We made reservations for Sunday brunch and they informed us that it was formal cocktail attire - for brunch! We bailed but with so many restaurants in the neighborhood, never regretted it.
Overall though, a stellar hotel that I will return to again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City