We stayed here for 4 nights Sat- Wed. I requested a "quiet room" after reading the reviews here about the nightclub. The room was indeed quiet and we had no problem sleeping at night. I loved this area of the city as there were many excellent restaurants, bars and shops. The High Line and Chelsear market are also very interesting. The staff treated us very well. The only shortcomings are space issues in the room- there is hardly any closet space and not enough shelving in bathroom for cosmetics and toiletries. Shower was extremely dark. Bedding is begining to look worn.
But overall would stay here again. We enjoyed the bar on the 18th floor, the Standard Plaza for drinks and the Standard Grill for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, MrandMrsSmith and Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City