We stayed here for 4 nights Sat- Wed. I requested a "quiet room" after reading the reviews here about the nightclub. The room was indeed quiet and we had no problem sleeping at night. I loved this area of the city as there were many excellent restaurants, bars and shops. The High Line and Chelsear market are also very interesting. The staff treated us very well. The only shortcomings are space issues in the room- there is hardly any closet space and not enough shelving in bathroom for cosmetics and toiletries. Shower was extremely dark. Bedding is begining to look worn.
But overall would stay here again. We enjoyed the bar on the 18th floor, the Standard Plaza for drinks and the Standard Grill for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is located in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and a winter ice rink. A neighborhood staple, the award-winning Standard Grill melds a brasserie atmosphere with new American cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City