Having not been to Manhattan for several years, I decided to treat myself by staying in an area I had previously not stayed in, and explore. While the staff there are primarily Gen Y, aloof, prone to primping and ambivalent at best to the fact that they are in a service occupation rather than in a starring role in Stephanie Germanotta’s latest music video, it was nonetheless amazing.
Great views of the ESB, MPD and the river. Perfect position with easy access to cross-town buses as well as the subway. Room feels less like a hotel room and more like a (very upscale) room in a house. retro 70s chic and a large table to sit at and lay out all your shopping goodies. The elevator alone with its freaky music, videos and lighting alone is worth a visit.
Sitting astride the High Line, it is fantastic. Feels highly secure, has every luxurious amenity you could desire, and is very quiet (except perhaps Friday and Saturday nights, when the aforementioned Gen Y bogans hit the local nightclubs, particularly the one in the hotel itself, where the noise is palpable until well after midnight)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City