No question that Standard high line is a very stylish hotel. Straddled the high line, with its LA vibe and exhibitionist temptation, it is high on the cool factor. The view from the room and the roof is great. We loved it for that.
But...we experienced very noisy guests on our floor in and out all night until 4am. Maybe the hotel has a reputation of hard party, but we should have guessed that the moment we saw a pair of complimentary ear plugs in the bathroom. The loud noises, which to be fair, may not be within the hotel's control, but a hot-spot roof bar that opens to public until 4am may kind of guarantee that. The bed and pillows are very very soft which may not be perfect for people who are used to firmer sleeping arrangement like us. So as a result, we got very little sleep.
The real issue, however, is the slow service we experienced at the front desk. With many people check in and out, it seems the hotel is extremely understaffed, with one person working the front desk on Saturday. Valet is very slow, check in is slow, getting out luggage from storage took close to 30 minutes. No one is rude or anything, it was just strangely slow, very unlike New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City