We chose The Standard for the location - we love the Meatpacking district's restaurant and the greater feeling of space compared with Midtown. It's super cool and trendy and full of "beautiful people", which might intimidate the average tourist (we just laughed!). The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly small (we stayed in a deluxe king) but it is NYC and so you expect small rooms. Don't stay here unless you're very comfortable with your room-mate: the shower / tub is separated from the bed by a clear screen, so you're showering in the open!!! The toilet is in a tiny separate room. There is a lot of street noise but again it's NYC.
We weren't bothered by noise from the club, but we had made sure we were on the other side of the hotel from it. Our view was great - Empire State Building and the Hudson. One night we suffered with some pretty noisy neighbours and had to make a couple of phone calls to reception - however to be fair that's not the hotel's fault and they dealt with it. Suspect it happens a lot tho, especially at weekends, since it is a bit of a party hotel.
One negative is the elevators - there are four but who knows where they all are, because we had to wait for ages and only one seemed to turn up. There's a funky film showing in the elevator, but to be honest you'd rather they didn't bother and just made them turn up. Sometimes there was a huge queue to get in them, and on the way down from the 16th floor we'd stop at every floor (grrrr....)
Overall it's a good hotel, but perhaps a bit too style over substance for us. Not sure if we'll stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City